Missing the Backspin indicator

Sat, Jun 2 2012 1:09 PM (22 replies)
  • JimH123A4
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 9:10 AM

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 12:33 PM

Legal, sure but that does not mean a rule change would not take affect if the pro's started tearing up greens trying to apply backspin to a shot from there with a wedge.  I could be wrong, it would certainly not be the first time or last, but I think that the PGA would do a rule change if this were happening with any consistency at all.  Just my humble opinion.  

-Nuke

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 1:09 PM

MBaggese:

YankeeJim:
    Here's a challenge for you HDB-find a divot on a green that a pro made using that legal shot. Better yet, do you even know how to put spin on a ball IRL? It takes a ferocious divot to do that the way it happens here.

Dang Jim,

Ya know I never want to go against ya pal, but....

If you are/can/willing to repair the green, then hit the smack the xxxx out of it.

But like has been mentioned before, might be  a course rule, personally I'll take my 3 putt before spending 10 minutes to fix my divot on the green.

Now the Pros?

Well,, they have caddies for  that!

MB you try that shot on the courses around here! One shot with a wedge that left even a slight and I mean very slight divot and you would be banned from the course. The shot might be legal per the U.S.G.A rule book but the course owners take a very different view of it. When I was much much younger I was playing a round on one of those courses and dropped not layed the flagstick down on the green. I was told if I ever just dropped the flag stick like that again I would be banned from playing there again. Can you imagine what they would have done if I hit a wedge and made a divot???

RSS