Forums

Help › Forums

Clubs

Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:58 PM (28 replies)
  • SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:53 AM

First of I just want to clear something out. Yes I know WGT wants to make money etc etc.

But why havent you set any tier limit on clubs? Why is it only on balls? If you set limits on clubs too you will get the cheating down really much. As it is now a hack can play with all best equipment and almost hit every green on par 4s in 1 shot. This aint far. Set legend limit on the higher level clubs, master/tourmaster limit on some clubs below that and so on.

In that way a hack can only get clubs that goes a certain length and not buy all best after a while just by playing many rounds and for many months. In that way people would probably also stop trying to stay at a certain tier just to fool players for credits in challenge games, or to win tournaments really easily.

Its a real joke that I see hacks/amateurs shoot 28-29 rounds in tournaments. 

Please tell me why you have only limit on balls and not on the clubs? Is it only a money issue or what? Please tell me WGTIcon if you still answers posts. 

As I said it will bring cheating down on this site and thats something you want to do right?

Sincerely SP

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:26 AM

Yeah makes sense. But in real life (which this sim leans towards in gameplay) A person who has never played can have the best clubs by simply buying them.

Is he cheating because he has the top of the line equipment?

He's still going to be pretty bad at the game .

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:44 AM

Well this aint real life. People who start playing here cant buy good equipment before they have leveled up lots. And when they have leveled up far enough to buy new equipment they should be good enough to be at least amateur or pro. Then when level up even more to get better equipment they should be able to get even further up on tier. 

Problem is people dont level up in tier, just level up in experience which is what takes to buy new equipment. I dont say everyone does but those who cheat do this. And that problem would be solved by limiting clubs by tier too and not just level.

• sooner49er
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:44 AM

pjctas0822:

Yeah makes sense. But in real life (which this sim leans towards in gameplay) A person who has never played can have the best clubs by simply buying them.

Is he cheating because he has the top of the line equipment?

He's still going to be pretty bad at the game .

Sorry PJ, but that doesn't make sense. In real life there are other factors that determine how far a club will make the ball go. In WGT all you have to do is swing as hard as the meter will allow and that is how far the ball will go.

No hack can walk on to a golf course and hit the best equipment, the maximum distance allowed by that club and be on a par 4 green!

This entire game is 90% equipment. I agree with the OP. I have Master tier status and have all but given up on this game because at lever 46, I don't have access to a driver that will get me close enough to a par 4 to reach the green in regulation. That's messed up!!!!!!. If a hack can reach the green with his drive, how is that fair?

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:06 AM

Just trying to understand the issue.  Where would you draw the line for example equipment level 60 and above?  What tiers would you restrict?

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:13 AM

Maybe set a length limit. Like hacks can only buy drivers that go 240 or less and irons that go no more than 190. Then increase the lengths possible to buy when you raise in tier.

Those were just examples, not sure what would be a good line to draw but i guess you would figure it out :)

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:14 AM

Well you use some formula or other for the restrictions on balls WGT, so what is so hard about doing the same for clubs?  Makes no sense asking anyone what they would do, it's what YOU can do.  Of course this is about money, every move they make is about the money, if this wasn't true, the meter would have been totally redone and it wouldn't stutter like a red headed stepchild every time you tee up on a water hole..

• sooner49er
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:15 AM

WGTadmin2:

Just trying to understand the issue.  Where would you draw the line for example equipment level 60 and above?  What tiers would you restrict?

More experience and smarter people than me may be able to answer this question. The issue for me is that there is no way for people in high tiers, but low levels to compete in tournaments or have much fun for that matter.

It's like being in a bowling tournament with an adult dressed in kids clothes who gets to stand 2 feet away from the pins with the bumpers on while you are 25 yards away with a concrete cube! 

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:24 AM

Well if it is for money, I dont see why they would restrict the most expensive balls. Maybe its more money to earn on clubs :) I think clubs are more important to limit than balls though as balls dont matter THAT much but clubs really do. Especially a really good driver that can make wonders from a hack/pro tee.

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:30 AM

As I will get no further answer, I guess it is money related. 

I guess you will do whatever it takes to get money, even keep the cheaters here. And thats how it will always be, only about money. I thought all the ad's were enough but apparently not.

RSS