Forums

Help › Forums

TIERS

Sun, Jun 3 2012 10:12 PM (20 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:27 PM

Games4Ever71:

I got the first g20s and I still have to get average low enough to reach master. I am close, but still hard. 

You need another wedge sir. :-)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:46 PM

If your playing ranked stroke play rounds and shooting scores under your Ave., you will get promoted to the next tier eventually...

When you make the Legend Tier... the game will become easier and more enjoyable. We even play off the Whites in certain comps, which is great and fun.

Good Luck to all of ya's :)

-Roger

• JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 4:26 AM

NukeRat:

I found this in the forums and I believe this is prolly correct.  I do not deserve credit for this information.  WGT does not either as they do not make it public.  However, over the years the players have finally got the formula figured out, I think.  Here it is.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete, as listed above, are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total rounds overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Tour Pro tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

-Nuke

Not that true. I saw someone about 80 ranked rounds and average 66 in pro tier but took about 1 month to get to tour pro.he started with average 79. Or was i dreaming? I don't think I'm dreaming.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 6:10 AM

It is true.

1) the number is counted only in the current tier, disregard former rounds.

2) the average at the start of a tier has no meaning in the end, because better rounds will probably have kicked out the first rounds when it matters.

BTW: Disregard former rounds, too.

• Kamikaze76
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 5:14 AM

may I ask, whats meant with a ranked round"?

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 12:47 PM

There are basically two different stroke play rounds you can play with respect to stats and averages.  Ranked and Practice.  Practice is just what it implies.  It does not use any stats from a practice round toward your career stats and does not count toward your average.  It will also not count toward your tier advancement.  You will get xp points for completing them.  However, they are fewer than Ranked rounds.  

Ranked rounds are pretty much the opposite.  Stats and averages will be used from your ranked round toward your career stats/average.  Ranked rounds also count toward your tier advancement.  

If you go into your game lobby, (game screen).  You can set up either a practice stroke play round or a ranked.  The difference is explained above.

Hope this helps my friend.  And, as always, I reserve the right to be wrong.  lol

-Nuke

• Kamikaze76
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:28 PM

This definitely helped.

Thanks!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:45 PM

A further difference is the individual set-up options for practice rounds: Tees, holes, wind, green speeds. In ranked rounds the system does the set-up of holes and wind while tees and green speeds are related to the tier(s).

OTOH I suppose that the XPs for practice and ranked rounds are the same (not that it matters much). Tournament rounds are different with double basic XPs.

• pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:59 PM

WGTicon:

hi

we do not make the requirements public;however, there have been some educated guessed by the community, so someone may mention it :)

-wgticon

Just curious why that is.  Wouldn't this knowledge help the players out or would it give us some type of advantage if we knew?  (This is not a criticism, but a legitimate 'curiosity' question)  

Thanks

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 3:15 PM

OK.......here's MY take on the "difference" in a RANKED ROUND & a PRACTICE ROUND.

If you play a "practice round"...and many people choose to do this.  IF you hit a Birdie on EVERY hole...doesn't count.  IF you hit an ACE on any hole...doesnt' count.  IF you sink a beautiful 45 foot long Birdie or Eagle putt....doesn't count.  If you hit your longest drive...and it's something like 385 yards....doesn't count.  ONLY shots & scores on "ranked rounds" count.

So, I have played very FEW "practice rounds"..but, that's me.  What I do instead.....is ALWAYS play "ranked rounds".....they ONLY count IF you complete the 9 hole or 18 hole round.  If when I get to the 9th green (for a 9 hole round) OR to the 18th green (when I'm playing 18 holes)..........and I don't like my score and don't wish for it to count towards my "average"......or don't wish to have it PUBLISHED on my Profile.....I simply close out that game (don't finish it)...I don't hit that final putt....you won't be penalized for do that...and, those games just become good "practice rounds".

My thinking is........WHAT IF.....I'm have a GREAT round going....I definitely want it to COUNT...but, if I'm doing GREAT and am in the "practice round" mode....it won't count...because, you can not change from "practice mode" to "ranked round" mode during play - correct me if I'm wrong here.

Just my opinion......but, a "ranked round" ONLY counts........IF you complete those rounds.

Bob

RSS