Help › Forums

What complete B.S.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:46 PM (27 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 4:04 AM

pjctas0822:
    Tom if you owned a software company and didnt charge for the game how would you make money? ALso WGT offers people a way to pay for stuff by simply watching ads,surveys etc etc.

Oh hell....... your one of "those" guys

lost cyber ball = bs

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 1:49 PM

TurkishTerror:

pjctas0822:
    Tom if you owned a software company and didnt charge for the game how would you make money? ALso WGT offers people a way to pay for stuff by simply watching ads,surveys etc etc.

Oh hell....... your one of "those" guys

lost cyber ball = bs

One of those guys?

Yes I guess I am . A born again Christian, help the homeless and poor . Contribute positivity to friends. Put alot of work into my CC club. Offer help to those in need.

Yes I am.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, Jun 2 2012 4:57 PM

thanks for the support

• AuntTommy
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:02 PM

Keep it real? What I'm suggesting isn't far-fetched by any stretch of the imagination. And it's not like you don't have a lot of other ways to increase your revenue stream:

• Better golf wear (and believe me, what you have now is pretty vanilla for the most part)
    • Gloves that could increase distance or touch by a certain percentage
    • Various hats
    • Different sizes and shapes for golfer's bodies (geez, give them some PERSONALITY)
    • Throw in a happy hour where golfers can pay 1/2 price for pay-to-play courses.
    • Best of par 3, par 4 and par 5 rounds.

How many people actually pay for items by watching ads and participating in surveys? I for one don't have the time. Thanks for any consideration on your part.

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 10:38 PM

The VALID argument by all WGT players regarding lost balls (in grass) ought to be addressed by WGT more fairly then they have heretofore done. When a player can place their cursor right on the spot (and in many cases, the actual ball) that WGT then rules to be lost, it suggests avarice. 

OB is stroke and distance, not confiscation of the ball, and there is a five minute hunt in real play (not necessary in game play). That you don't allow people to "ball dip" to retrieve lost ones is understandable (but you could sell a lot of ball dippers like you sell putter pals). But to confiscate balls that were visible until WGT declared them lost is so unfair as to approach theft! 

A fairer approach to the lost balls dilemma (other than water) might be to subtract 10, 20, 30, or more strokes from the lifetime total, and if the remaining lifetime on a ball is expired by the smaller penalty, THEN confiscate it!  Might that be more acceptable to the playing public? 

• Jolexi
    429 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:54 AM

AuntTommy:
    How many people actually pay for items by watching ads and participating in surveys? I for one don't have the time. Thanks for any consideration on your part.
    I do and I have played with a lot of others who do exactly the same.

I agree with your argument about lost balls in areas where it is totally obvious the ball shouldn't be lost (OB on the wrong fairway for instance) and it's extremely annoying and frustrating to say the least.

But in all fairness to WGT, they have made it possible to play this game to a good standard without spending a penny if you so choose. They don't force anyone to fork out.

All in all you have to admit that the pro's out way the cons by a big margin........otherwise you wouldn't keep playing and care enough to post your anger in here................just as i have done and many others.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 6:15 AM

Jolexi:

AuntTommy:

I agree with your argument about lost balls in areas where it is totally obvious the ball shouldn't be lost (OB on the wrong fairway for instance) and it's extremely annoying and frustrating to say the least.

But in all fairness to WGT, they have made it possible to play this game to a good standard without spending a penny if you so choose. They don't force anyone to fork out.

All in all you have to admit that the pro's out way the cons by a big margin........otherwise you wouldn't keep playing and care enough to post your anger in here................just as i have done and many others.

Made it to Legend buying 4 sets of clubs without putting out a penny of my own money. it's very doable to play here without paying out of pocket. This game is free if you work to make it so. Those surveys and videos are real money to be made.

Re: Balls being taken away when OB, the idea of only loosing some of the life of the ball is a fantastic idea for compromise between complete loss and no penalty. It's such a damn good idea I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:48 AM

Cerino thanks for the post

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:18 AM

Jolexi:

AuntTommy:

I do also . I have not put a Credit Card on my account as of yet . I will towards the end of the year just to be able to buy my CC members Christmas gifts :) 

RSS