Forums

Help › Forums

Connection

Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:55 PM (8 replies)
  • SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:00 AM

Hi,

Is there any problems with connecting to your servers or what? I have now played 2 games in a row and first game I lost due to the screen staying grey and loading. And now in my second game its happening again! Just as I write this. So its not my internet connection thats wrong. Now the "Unexpected error" comes up too. 

I wouldnt be writing this if I hadnt lost 222 credits in 1st game due to this! And now guess I am losing another amount.

What is this problem?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:02 AM

HI

no problem that I am aware of. I'll check into it.

-wgticon

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:12 PM

Usually if you come across this issue, it has to do with your browser.

I would suggest trying a different browser and see if it still happens. Then try clearing your cache and cookies by following the instructions below. If neither of those work, send support an email and we will continue troubleshooting :)

To clear your Browser Cache...

1. It depends which Web Browser you have:

Chrome - cliack on the Wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window, select Options-Under The Hood and Clear Browsing Data

Firefox - click on Tools in the menu and then options, click on Privacy annd select the Clear All Current History option

Internet Explorer - click on Tools and then Internet Options, check the Delete Browsing History on Exit option, click OK on the bottom of the screen

Safari - click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser window, then select Preferences, select Privacy, then click on Remove all Website data

2. Restart your Web Browser

3. Note, WGT recommends using the Chrome browser from Google for the fastest game performance and automatically updated browser plug-ins

To clear your Flash Cache...

1. Visit Macromedia Adobe at: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

2. In the Global Storage Settings Panel, change the Global Storage Settings to 100K or higher, and select the "Allow Third-Party Flash Content..." and "Store Common Flash Components..." options

3. In the Website Privacy Settings Panel, click Delete All Sites to clear the Flash Cache

Good luck!

-WGTpizza

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:17 PM

The accumulation of "unexpected errors" in the last week is a bit too much to push it off to user&browser problems. I had three of them, out of the blue.

Please get a grip of your own nose WGT!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:47 PM

Thank you Pizza for confirming those fixes . I always try and advise people to start with the simplest remedies also.

But people think that it is not on their end. I know one thing for sure User Error is the most common error in Computer fixes.

How about the "Plug it in first" fix :)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 4:21 PM

alosso:

The accumulation of "unexpected errors" in the last week is a bit too much to push it off to user&browser problems. I had three of them, out of the blue.

Boy, "push it off to user & browser problems" was definitely not my intention. 

When I read Sweetiepie91's symptoms, I was reminded of countless other players with the same exact issue and when I suggested that they follow the instructions that I gave SweetiePie91, a very large portion of them responded back with positive results. This is the motivating factor behind offering my advice, Alosso.

I apologize if it came across as if I was placing the blame on anyone or anything - I'm just here offering known solutions to a problem :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 4:32 PM

WGTpizza:

alosso:

Boy, "push it off to user & browser problems" was definitely not my intention. 

When I read Sweetiepie91's symptoms, I was reminded of countless other players with the same exact issue and when I suggested that they follow the instructions that I gave SweetiePie91, a very large portion of them responded back with positive results. This is the motivating factor behind offering my advice, Alosso.

I apologize if it came across as if I was placing the blame on anyone or anything - I'm just here offering known solutions to a problem :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

I am sorry. Let me clarify first that your post did not come off that way. I was just saying as a Technical Customer Service rep in the past I had come across numerous user issues that were blaming our product.

Mostly I like to advise to check the obvious before assuming its a software/hardware issue and User error is in the top 5 :)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 4:48 PM

pjctas0822:

I am sorry. Let me clarify first that your post did not come off that way. I was just saying as a Technical Customer Service rep in the past I had come across numerous user issues that were blaming our product.

Mostly I like to advise to check the obvious before assuming its a software/hardware issue and User error is in the top 5 :)

I COMPLETELY understand. I, too, come from a technical support background (in the gaming industry), so you and I probably both know the differences between a browser based game and a (for lack of a better term, maybe you can help with this?) .exe game. When something goes technically wrong with a (.exe) game, there are multiple potential areas to investigate.

With a browser based game, if you are experiencing technical difficulties, there isn't much we can suggest other than browser maintenance. This makes our advice seem generic, repetitive or maybe too simple, but that's just the nature of the beast :)

User error is definitely a factor, especially when we are offering a game that is as easy to access as WGT. There is less of a need for someone to be technically savvy, so when someone comes across a problem, they may not have the technical experience that you or I have, thus, the basic suggestions :)

Rest assured though that there ARE technically savvy people on this end of the game, so if our basic troubleshooting suggestions don't work for someone, we can take the troubleshooting to the next level through an email conversation with our support team.

I'm glad we understand each other, I hope I explained myself appropriately and I'll see you around the forums :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:55 PM

Absolutely. 

Very difficult field and patience is a must !

Wish I had heard of WGT years ago . I would have applied then :)

Have a good evening.

RSS