Forums

Help › Forums

More Big News from WGT .. Check it out

Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:34 PM (24 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:55 AM

More Big News from WGT ...

Look what hit the wire an hour ago.  Long Term Exclusive partnership with the R&A

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-RA-Forms-LongTerm-bw-2733954971.html?x=0

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:00 AM
    "After competing in a qualifying round of 18 holes and a 36-hole championship round, one winner will emerge as the champion and will receive a trip for two to St Andrews with a round of golf on the Old Course." So no unlimited play this year, just one round absolutely full of nerves! Great news for WGT, go and get the other two Majors now!
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:05 AM

I think the Q round is unlimited. That's what they did last year to qualify then made the cut for the single plays.

100,000 pics of SA will make it huge fun to follow on TV with the game open.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:33 AM

18 hole qualifying starts June 1st and ends July 18th according to this:

http://www.opengolf.com/virtualopen/virtualopen.aspx

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:39 AM
    seems to me like there will be most of the time 2 new courses per year in the future. That's great;)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:58 PM

This just keeps getting better and better..they must have confidence in there ability to turn out these courses to make deadlines...im proud of the staff at WGT...keep it up!

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:10 PM

imcoola:
    seems to me like there will be most of the time 2 new courses per year in the future. That's great;)

As long as the two courses are the venues for the US Open and the British Open then I would say "Way to go WGT!!!"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:21 PM

danohi50:
    .they must have confidence in there ability to turn out these courses to make deadlines

Or it's ready and the timing of the marketed events is worth saving it for. Give 'em a taste of it in CTTH and let the full thing go June 1. Maximum exposure of a single course, i.e., Oakmont. 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:28 PM

andyson:
    18 hole qualifying starts June 1st and ends July 18th according to this:

http://www.opengolf.com/virtualopen/virtualopen.aspx

Let us hope that unlike last year, qualifying will be open for all countries. Last year, it was only US players, maybe a couple of more countries who were allowed to experience Bethpage. All the rest of us did not get to see the Front (!) 9 of Bethpage until after the real-world tournament at Bethpage was over!!! We were imprisoned at the Back 9 of Bethpage. That was absolutely infuriating and humiliating. In fact, that injustice made me submit my first ever post to these forums.

I don't care about winning any prizes, but if you open Oakmont and St. Andrews on June 1st this year, please make sure to open it for all of your site members, WGT. Thank you.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:29 PM

It says, open to countries around the world faterson, on the right side of the link.

RSS