Forums

Help › Forums

Great game, except for the putting feature

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:17 PM (5 replies)
  • millzrm
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 3:59 PM

I just started playing and I not sure if it is me or just the game but putting seems very hard.  The short putts are more difficult than the long ones, the breaks dont seem to go with the red,blue green assistance.  If I hit it soft and I sally the put and if I hit it harder it blows it by.  I seem to be spending more time trying to line up my put looking at the slope, up/down hill indicator than its worth.  I 3-4 put almost every green.

I am currently using the easy putting, any help or tips would be appreciated.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:16 PM

Equip your starter putter, and you'll be amazed. Don't use easy swing anything. Get rid of them all.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:33 PM

renniw52:

Equip your starter putter, and you'll be amazed. Don't use easy swing anything. Get rid of them all.

what he said .. putting's where it's at .. the most difficult part of this game .. i'm still battling with it & expect i always will .. most do i bet .. be patient, this is not an arcade game .. it's a tough nut to crack .. u'll have good & bad days, just like the real thing .. if u like a challenge, u in the right place

• GerryTS
    122 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:34 PM

Try looking into past forums on putting ideas, there are great ones on putting power/distance and one on direction by the  player Gold. Putting is the hardest stroke to conquer on this game. Give it a try and you will be dropping those puts for pars and some birdies. Good Golfing.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:50 PM

Sir .  ditch the Ezswings

And after looking at your join date , and stats , You should be a Legend by now .

No Disrespect .

OPY

• millzrm
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:17 PM

Thanks for the club suggestions, they helped a lot.  I haven't played this game since I joined some time ago and  now I addicted

RSS