Forums

Help › Forums

Putting woes

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:57 AM (3 replies)
  • bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 4:08 PM

Hello everyone. Have been on here for a few years and my putting is still....BAD. I watched a youtube video of Bolluxinbruges putting and he sometimes uses the pitching grid to help line-up putts. Had never seen this done and I was curious if anyone can help me figure this out or try something else. I appreciate any feedback. Scott.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 4:26 PM

He's looking at the grid to either ensure it matches the putting grid, and if not (I assume) he's taking the pitch/chip grid as the correct one.

Give it a whirl.

Play a round and look at the pitch grid, compare to putting and make a mental note when the two are showing different breaks, then putt and see which grid it follows.

I also use the pitch and chip grids on those funny breaks where both sides of the hole ball runs into the hole, or away....in those cases I play the pitch/chip grid....and hope;)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:45 PM

bucknut68:

Hello everyone. Have been on here for a few years and my putting is still....BAD. I watched a youtube video of Bolluxinbruges putting and he sometimes uses the pitching grid to help line-up putts. Had never seen this done and I was curious if anyone can help me figure this out or try something else. I appreciate any feedback. Scott.

Having trouble perfecting your game? Not to worry, many of our community members, like MB here, are glad to help players fine tune their in-game performance.

Take a look around for threads pertaining to your situation, or look back to this thread and I'm sure someone will offer some helpful advice  :)

Stay classy,

-WGT

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:57 AM

What helped improve my putting, was to land around 10 ft from the pin, if you miss the putt, try and putt back to where you landed, eventually you'll get a good idea of how the break works and how much you need to compensate. I used to do a whole round like that, using up all 9 or so putts, then start landing 20 ft from the pin, you soon build up a good idea of how much power and compensation you need for a putt.

( I wouldn't use kiawah to practice on tho )

RSS