Forums

Help › Forums

flash update

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:39 AM (7 replies)
  • KRH1
    14 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:56 PM

Anyone else have a problem with the new update,after i installed new update game just kept crashing so i went back to the old version.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 3:34 PM

It is not necessary to update flash every time there is an update . Turn off auto update in settings .

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:08 PM

Some versions suit some PC's better. The 64 bit ones work better off a previous one but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:37 PM

piztaker:

Some versions suit some PC's better. The 64 bit ones work better off a previous one but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

How do we know he is running a 64 bit OS ?

I would check my video card drivers if you have recently updated those then rollback.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 1:43 AM

KRH1:

Anyone else have a problem with the new update,after i installed new update game just kept crashing so i went back to the old version.

Computers, and windows are are strange breed. Always keep the following updated.

1. Drivers, which include, Motherboard, video card, sound card, chipset, and Ethernet.
    2. Depending which browser you are using, keep that updated as well.
    3. Window componets, critical updates to windows o/s are release the second Tuesday of every month.  Next update is this coming Tuesday, June 12th.  The best time to get the updates is after 4pm EST

But also note, what works on one computer may not work on another.  This may have to do how the computer configured, and the software installed on your computer. This is to name a few of endless scenarios.  But, following the above recommendations, provides optimal system compatibility and reliability.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 2:06 AM

Where do I look to update my drivers.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 5:16 PM

You can get a 3rd party program but...If you go to control panel then ...Device Manager ...then find the device you want to update and let windows search the net.

That should work. Best way to me . If the video card is integrated meaning its on your Motherboard then do it the way I described.

If it is separate piece of hardware then just see what kind it is in Device Manager then visit that cards website.

Example....If its an Nvidia card them go to Nvidias website under drivers and get the latest driver from there. Newer video drivers are not always best. I tend to go with an older driver that is stable.

If you need more help PM me.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:39 AM

Thank you PJ :))

RSS