Forums

Help › Forums

I'm trying Very hard To keep An Open Mind

Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:44 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 5:27 AM

I'm not surprised weird things are happening when you have one EZ swing wedge and one starter wedge. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 5:35 AM

piztaker:

I'm not surprised weird things are happening when you have one EZ swing wedge and one starter wedge. 

well that explains it all, i remember playing a round with those due to boredom and every know and again a drive or shot would fly 20 yards left!

• lbcgolf
    314 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:59 PM

Hey if you believe in conspiracy theories... bad things are programmed to happen after hit a great shot, then maybe the reverse is true too!

Try this one for size.  I played the Cabo 18 RG yesterday.  On #1 I left a nasty 8 footer with a boomerang break and had 3 feet left after the first putt.  I tried a casual tap not paying attention and I missed THAT!  Drop putt #3 for a bogey.

Then I proceed to fire 18 under for the remaining 17 holes, for a tidy 55, lol.

I forgot what I shot at BPB today.... I think a 55 or 56, but similar thing.  I missed the approach shot to the fringe.  It was a total WTF shot too, dinged it, read the wind & distance correctly & everything!  Except this time I lined up the 15 footer from the fringe and managed to drain it.  Then had a nice rest of the round.

Mess up the first hole on purpose and you'll fire the round of your life! I guarantee it!

(I ain't giving any money back tho, lol)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:14 AM

lbcgolf:
    Mess up the first hole on purpose and you'll fire the round of your life! I guarantee it!

I hear ya.

And how many times have you holed out at SA 1 and went on to shoot 3 under?  LOL!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 4:53 AM

MBaggese:

lbcgolf:

I hear ya.

And how many times have you holed out at SA 1 and went on to shoot 3 under?  LOL!

No joke,  I'm getting to the point where I want to restart when I birdie the first hole lmao.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 6:02 AM

So is it rigged?

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:13 AM

The starting bad ending good, starting good ending bad theory I may be able to get on board with.

At the first of the month when the STA 1K 18 hole RG came out I birdied #1 and holed my 2nd shot on #2 for an eagle. Went on to shoot 63 ? I think. lol

I honestly don't think the game is rigged to let you shoot better or worse per round. If I start 3 under after 2 holes I'll start to get a little wound up or tense. I'm thinking to myself, "hmmm this could be a pretty decent round". Then I start missing shots ever so slightly and the round becomes mediocre.

Just the opposite of when I start bad. I loosen up and play a "who give's a crap golf". Start dinging every shot and making putts. Not tense at all.

The mind is a powerful thing.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:23 AM

DarSum:

Just the opposite of when I start bad. I loosen up and play a "who give's a crap golf". Start dinging every shot and making putts. Not tense at all.

The mind is a powerful thing.

I agree 100%

Learned some of my favorite shots being even at the turn!

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:44 AM

Great points above...For sure the best score doesnt always make for the best game.

• PAGES
RSS