connection issue...please help

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:22 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SingnScott
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:18 AM

Hi there...

Problem I am having is that I can't seem to get WGT to connect on my computer at home.  I have a perfectly good internet connection, as I am able to pull up all the WGT sites, and I can also connect to other online game sites, etc. 

When I put my sign-in information and hit login - it says there is a error with my internet connection and asks if I want to retry. 

I have tried turning off my Windows firewall, and I have turned off my anti-virus software but still getting the same result. 

I'm scratching my head on this one and not sure what to do. 

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:56 AM

I have talked to many people in CC and other places on wgt that are having the same problem. Several have got the same old story from wgt...check cache and cookies. To many people are having the same problem including me. 

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:59 AM

I can"t connect using firefox, but works fine when using Chrome.

• SingnScott
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:51 AM

I have been using Internet Explorer, whatever the latest version currently is. 

It seems that I need to upgrade to Google Chrome and try that.  I will try that later today after work and see if that helps.  Will also try opening in a browser window and not the pop-up.

We'll see how these work.  I am very thankful to get your feedback on this.  Really enjoy playing the game and it would be a shame to not be able to.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:56 PM

hi

i always recommend having 3 main browser installed and trying them 1 at a time to see if an issue is with the flash/browser, which is the case 99.99% of the time.

-wgticon

• SingnScott
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:37 AM

Well, good news people! 

Installed and ran the game in Chrome and worked better than anything I have ever used before.  I hate that it took me this long to install. 

No connection issues or anything at all.  Thank you all for your help. 

Still confused as to why my IE at the office works fine but not at home.  Oh well, no biggie, cause I'll be using Chrome from now on.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:45 AM

DylynJ:

I used to run I.E. 8, Chrome Beta, and Firefox.... and it completely destroyed my system.

3 separate browser and flash caches are not good.

I'm sorry Icon but you're wrong.

Heh-How can you be wrong when you're only recommending something? If 3 browsers destroyed your system something else was wrong. I have 4 browsers, use 3 of them (stay as far away from IE as you can) and have never had an issue. Chrome, Firefox and Comodo Dragon all work great, even all at the same time.

:-)

• PAGES
RSS