Forums

Help › Forums

Under the hood

Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:23 AM (20 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:09 AM

anyone know how to get to 'under the hood' in chrome ? New 2 computers please pretend you are talking to a 2yr old ! need to stop signing in process everytime..ty  Andy..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:49 AM

Click the wrench icon in the top right of the tool bar, choose Settings, scroll down to Show Advanced Settings to see where you clear the cache, cookies, etc. This is a little different from previous versions of Chrome. That Under the Hood tab doesn't show up anymore. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:58 AM

YankeeJim:

Click the wrench icon in the top right of the tool bar, choose Settings, scroll down to Show Advanced Settings to see where you clear the cache, cookies, etc. This is a little different from previous versions of Chrome. That Under the Hood tab doesn't show up anymore. 

Got to where you clear cookies etc ..now what ? help..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:03 AM

It depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to clear your browser cache, click on Clear Browsing Data, uncheck everything except  "empty the cache " and click the clear browsing data button.

As a rule, you don't really need to be in Settings unless you want to clear that cache and you don't need to clear that cache on a regular basis. Some do but it isn't necessary unless you start seeing odd things happen while playing, like incomplete  loads.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:25 PM

Chrome has a new "advance setting" feature ....go there and you will see the light :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:27 PM

Glad you cleared that up, pjc. He might not have understood it the first time. You probably should have told him how to get there. :-/

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:09 PM

YankeeJim:

Glad you cleared that up, pjc. He might not have understood it the first time. You probably should have told him how to get there. :-/

Hehe I was going to tell him but he has to learn sooner or later :) Plus he didn't ask  :(

Its just like the old way Homie only scroll down from the main settings page and you will see Advance settings there. Click on that.

Please post if you have corrected the issue.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:40 AM

pjctas0822:
    Hehe I was going to tell him but he has to learn sooner or later :) Plus he didn't ask

Did you even read the second post here?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 7:51 AM

YankeeJim:

pjctas0822:
    Hehe I was going to tell him but he has to learn sooner or later :) Plus he didn't ask

Did you even read the second post here?

Been off line all night,trying to stop signing in e/time on chrome. When i use explorer wgt remembers me..txs 4 your help so far...Andy.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 9:05 AM

That's why I started using rockmelt. Even better than chrome.

RSS