Forums

Help › Forums

Under the hood

Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:23 AM (20 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 10:01 AM

alcaucin:
    Been off line all night,trying to stop signing in e/time on chrome. When i use explorer wgt remembers me..txs 4 your help so far...Andy.

This will stop if you uncheck the box for cookies. Don't clear your cookies, that's where your log in info is stored.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 10:23 AM

DylynJ:

SGTBilko:

That's why I started using rockmelt. Even better than chrome.

Rockmelt uses Webkit so it's basically exactly the same as chrome with some added "social networking" buttons.

true but it does not have the issues with the meter as much as chrome. Something is different in how it plays. Don't get me wrong Chrome is a great browser, rockmelt for me works better.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 11:31 AM

DylynJ:
    but the only time chrome automatically clears cookies is when you completely close out all chrome browsers/tabs.

Not! All you have to do is uncheck the box for cookies clearing on close. I rarely clear the cache in Chrome and never anything else and haven't been asked for log in info in a long time.

Under the Privacy tab you have options for those cookies, too.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 11:42 AM

DylynJ:
    Gotcha, I over looked that.. It's still good to have your cookies cleared more frequently than your browsers though, IMO because of those pesky tracking cookies.

Just make exceptions for wgt and any other site you regularly log in to. That way there's no doubt.  :-)

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 12:18 PM

YankeeJim:

DylynJ:
    Gotcha, I over looked that.. It's still good to have your cookies cleared more frequently than your browsers though, IMO because of those pesky tracking cookies.

Just make exceptions for wgt and any other site you regularly log in to. That way there's no doubt.  :-)

Better still, just download Comodo Dragon and use it for WGT and nothing else. Dragon does not clear cache on exit like the default setting of Chrome. Click on remember me in the WGT sign in screen, and set Dragon to load to the game client window and all you have to do is open Dragon and it will take you straight to the game client already logged in.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 7:57 PM

Yankee Thanks for helping them. I didnt have the patience to help anymore . A little Browser 101 class seemed needed :)

The fact is this ...The meter issue is less likely to stutter as long as you do not play in full browser mode. It happens jalot less by just expanding the window and not going full screen. If you have a higher end video card then Full screen mode should work flawlessly.

Unfortunately I have a lower end rig and I have experimented with 4 different browsers only to find that running in an expanded window is smoother for me then running in "full screen Mode".

As far as cookie and exception options. They have to learn by trial and error. Its the best way.

RSS