Help › Forums

Ads prevent game from loading

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:59 PM (5 replies)
  • Shelleybean
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:55 PM

To Whom It May Concern:

Several of my friends have had trouble playing on wgt recently because they keep getting kicked off or it won't allow them to begin a game at all.

One player, whose IP address is 174.98.89.159 and has Time Warner Cable Road Runner service has been playing on your site for almost 3 years, but over the last 2 nights he hasn't been able to play. He's disabled popup blockers - even though wgt has always been set as an exception -- and even tried using an ad blocker in google chrome. He also has tried Internet Explorer to no avail. 

This is becoming a very frustrating issue, but seems to be related to ads that load on your site when you hit the Play Now button. He just gets a brown screen and nothing else happens. This has happened to friends of mine living in North Carolina, Texas and Tenn. so it's not specific to any one ISP.

Please look into this matter to make the game more accessible to your players.

Thank you,

Shelleybean

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 3:13 AM

hi

could you please ask your friends to take screenshots of the ads. this way we can find them and manually remove them.

-wgticon

• LoisLane
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:57 AM

I will have him look for ads to determine which it is, but most of the time he gets a blank brown screen when he hits play now so the ad isn't visible. It just won't load the game screen.

Thank you

• derjohvan
    1,161 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:06 PM

I have been having a problem too. I have roadrunner through Time Warner in NC. Others I know have been having this problem. This is the only website that has given me this problem. Been going on for about 2 weeks

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:26 PM

Many people including myself have been having trouble logging on. It loads slow and then when you hit play now it just freezes. And yes i have spent all my cache and ate all my cookies.  Also tried IE, Chrome and Firefox to no avail.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:59 PM

I have also been having trouble. Mozilla Firefox has been the only one giving me trouble. However I went to my old computer and used a older version of firefox and worked fine. 

RSS