Forums

Help › Forums

no movement in my average

Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:28 AM (6 replies)
  • tomwatsontom
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:15 AM

hi, wgt 

I  am a master still,n i got a 5 under and there was no movement on my average, a cupple  off games ago i got 10 points of my score for 5 under now i am getting nothing .

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:54 PM

Hi

to drop down your average, your scores have to be 31 or lower on front/back 9 or 63 or lower on 18 holes. I haven't seen either in your last few scores, so it should happen once those numbers are reached

take care!

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 1:53 PM

I beg to differ, Icon. It's not neccessary to score below the average but to boil down the scores included.

In TWTs score pool for the average there are scores probably from 60 to 66 (seeing only the last 200 entries). Any score up to 65 replacing an existing high number (up to 66), should drop the average, much more the two -5 31s on STA he scored in the last two days (=62 for average calculus).

Another example, I'm at 63.03 (=63.025 exactly), and I know that a single 64 will make me Tour Master though it's above the average (there's a 65 to eliminate) :)

@TWT: I can't believe that the number should not have dropped - perhaps an old, not refreshed number in the main window might have fooled you?

• tomwatsontom
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:24 PM

wgt.

TWT again,I  just went round 18 holes at kiawah in 66 and my average did not move a one single point even i am not that stupid to know that it should have moved with that score , get it fixed or i won.t be playing anymore.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:22 PM

How is a score of 66 lower than a 62+ average you have? Of course it won't move. Anyone should know that.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:02 AM

Once you have played and saturated your ranked games your score will no longer move upward only downward. To lower ones average and how many shots under you need to score is based on what 18 hole par is for the course you are playing. So your score average at this point needs to be a 64 or lower. As you go lower in average then so does the need for a lower 18 hole score.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:28 AM

tomwatsontom:
    TWT again,I  just went round 18 holes at kiawah in 66 and my average did not move a one single point even i am not that stupid to know that it should have moved with that score , get it fixed or i won.t be playing anymore.
    Which movement would you expect, up or down?

RSS