Help › Forums

^_^ Just shot a great game

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:41 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 9:54 AM

^_^ Just shot a decent game of 29 on St. Andrews and turned Master (from 78average in just 4 plays of 9 holes).  1 mistake of not getting green in regulation.  I 1 putt every hole and I was hitting putts from all over range and angles.  My 3rd time shooting under par.   I usually only play matchplay or quit my stroke plays because I used to not to want my Average to go down so that I could play for credits vs noobs.

I just re-read my post and I'm unsure of the point I wanted to get across, I think I rambled. But I'm going to post it because I'm slightly excited about being a Master

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:11 AM

xSTILLFLY:
    I usually only play matchplay or quit my stroke plays because I used to not to want my Average to go down so that I could play for credits vs noobs.

Heh-I'd like to think WGT was onto this and made it right. Now it's your turn to get stomped. Better yet, now you can deal with the posers in MPCs.

Welcome to real golf.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:17 AM

xSTILLFLY:

I usually only play matchplay or quit my stroke plays because I used to not to want my Average to go down so that I could play for credits vs noobs.

And now, the tables have turned.   You are now the n00b, and the sharks and gators have taken notice.

Congrats and good luck.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:38 AM

good lesson right there from stillfly, if you play one 9 or just one course you might advance to fast.  mix it up, play bpb and kiawah and st andrews.  BPB keeps most people average in check.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:44 AM

Good call Marioh...I do believe I smell some blood in the water..sniff,sniff...Yep that's noob blood too...yum yum...

Welcome to the Master level StillFly...It's a little challenging, but when you do good, you get the reward of knowing your doing good at the highest level of play,amongst the best players too.

Takes a lot of work to compete in the master Tier so you'd better get to work... 

Keep Swinging...

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:12 AM

neildiamond11790:

good lesson right there from stillfly, if you play one 9 or just one course you might advance to fast.  mix it up, play bpb and kiawah and st andrews.  BPB keeps most people average in check.

BPB is the only course I play in MPC and MPC was I all I really play ( If I can't get a game I'll stroke play some randoms) I'm only playing this 9hole tourney because a friend of mine who just started maybe 2 days after me has the 2nd highest score.  I would've gotten 1st place if I could've at least birdied or eagled the par 5 and the last par 4 on St. Andrews. those were my 2 pars i believe. I'm unsure :\

He's at pro level but I poop on him when we play. So I know I'm at a much stronger level than him

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 4:15 PM

I just realized the first 2 guys called me a noob :) I've been signed up for about 10 days and I've played about 5 of those days. I am a noob.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:24 PM

Hi xSTILLFLY,

I commend you on your extremely rapid progress, it shows talent, sharpness, desire and stupidity. I hope you become one of our best, but reality and reflection dictate  that this will be, most likely, our last chat. Nevertheless, I hope I am wrong. Play well...and stay

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:26 PM

xSTILLFLY:

good luck with this at master tier.....karma much!

cheers

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:49 PM

Hi All,

As I've stated a number of times lately - DO NOT play the 9 hole version of this game all the time. Mix it up and you must include BPB in your circuit. Yeah its tough - but unless you can play well on all courses you are fooling yourself.

Good luck in the Master tier.

Cheers Doug

• PAGES
RSS