Forums

Help › Forums

Problem with off and on connection

Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:28 PM (20 replies)
  • toona
    389 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:02 PM

First I want to thank WGT for providing an outstanding Game . I have many enjoyable hours meeting many great friends from around the world.

I am baffled and thanks for any help. For about 2 weeks now I have had problems connecting to this site as well as the game client. I have been playing for over 2 years and this is the first time for this? I am able to connect to various sites when I have a problem here.  I run an xp quad 4 pc. I use comodo, chrome and firefox and am not able to connect with any of them then all of the sudden things will work fine.Down times are inconsistent. It could happen when I first try to get on or after playing for a bit. Since this started I clean browser and flash cache before I start. To no avail. This is an image of a speed test I proformed during the last time I could not connect.

It is a mystery to me? Just frustrating  ;)

Thanks again for any help 

• tlc1961
    385 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:29 PM

^

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:34 PM

To the OP and above.

Any advise will be welcomed here. Same issue with horrible meter when I do connect.

BD

• bubblehead700
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:58 AM

Ty for your post on my problem.  I am also still having big isues connecting.  Sundayicouldnt get in all day.  Today no problem.  I am Stumped.  im with you i just wana golf

bblhd700

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 6:06 AM

Same here and couldn't play in my C.C. US Open last week.

HAWK

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 8:58 AM

This sounds like an ISP issue. Do you leave your computer on all the time, maybe just putting it to sleep or hibernation when not using it? I see this a little when I play on the weekends from a cable connection versus the DSL I have here at my shop. Sometimes I have to do one of 2 things-reset the modem or repair my connection through the Network and Sharing Center. Sometimes the modem reset (unplugging for 10 secs) takes a couple of tries.

If you have an icon in the toolbar for your internet connection, right click on it and chose Diagnose and Repair. If you don't have that icon you can do the same thing through the Network and Sharing Center.-click View Status from your network connection.Even if the routine says no problems found, you have the option of  resetting your network adapter. This fixes the problem a lot of times.(My network connection happens to be named "Local Area Connection. Yours is probably different.)

• ncgolfer63
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:09 AM

Hi all,

I have been having the same problem.  The problem is not an ISP issue and I often reboot the computer with no luck.  

Has WGT been changing things on their end that could be causing this?  Has anyone else had any luck getting this resolved.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:29 AM

Well I see I'm not the only one having issues over the last two weeks. WGT has worked well for me up until about 2 weeks back. Since then If I'm able to get on, I'm lucky to be able to complete a round. I've not been able to finish a game when others are in it, like for CC competitions. I've cleared cache, browser, defragged, optimized, etc. More times than not during this two week period I log in and I get a partial page or just a blank gray screen. I've tried FireFox and Google Chrome and both have this happen.

I will try the suggestion above after I try to play in my latest CC tourny. Thanks for any information/help in advance.

*Hole #12 and got kicked from game playing by myself.  Thanks WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:31 AM

ncgolfer63:
     The problem is not an ISP issue and I often reboot the computer with no luck.  

Rebooting your computer doesn't do anything for the ISP modem so you haven't eliminated the ISP as the cause, yet. You may be right but you have to eliminate it as the possible cause first.

• toona
    389 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 4:45 PM

YankeeJim:

Rebooting your computer doesn't do anything for the ISP modem so you haven't eliminated the ISP as the cause, yet. You may be right but you have to eliminate it as the possible cause first.

Thank you YJ  for throwing out some ideas,I shut down my computer when not using it. Might happen when I first start it for the day. During some of my outages have restarted both my cable modem and wireless router. Even went as far as replacing my coax from modem to outside box.  Increased my download speed a bit though. What baffles me is the web site cuts out for others at exactly the same time. Know this because we were using skype and it didn't effect it.

Thanks again for any help.  Just mysterious

RSS