Forums

Help › Forums

ball choice

Wed, Jun 27 2012 6:58 AM (8 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:54 AM

well I've always been a fan of the nikes and callaway balls.. but the price is so high and it takes so long to do surveys.. plus there are days where i don't qualify for any.. so I'm thinking about just using the free wgt balls.. but do you think its possible for me to shoot the scores I'm doing now.. will i be able to make it to tour master with the free balls.. and with the gear i have is it good enough to make it to tour master with the free balls

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:03 PM

Probably not. 

The meter with the free balls is incredibly fast, and typically the cause of most problems suffered by lower-tiered players. 

Myself, I would buy any of the WGT-sponsored balls. Hopefully these won't break your bank account too much, and you can start earning some credits in tournaments/matches/games, and buy some nicer balls/equipment. 

But, I'm not saying that it's impossible to make Tour Master from your position, just unlikely with starter balls. Even the slightest upgrade to golf balls works wonders. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:25 PM

I use the 10 cent balls. At least they have a bit of spin.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:33 PM

I have to go against the grain here.

Many (me as well) made legend with G10's (the clubs your current ones replaced).

I mainly used starter and BXD balls playing the free weekly tourney's.

If I could remember who sent me my first sleeve of Callaways for winning a CC Tourney, I'd sick the WGT NARC squad on him for dealing that drug to me:)

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:38 PM

If you have not yet tried them. I suggest SRIXON Z-STAR XV.  The durability is the same as Nike & Call's. Plus, for whatever reason. I normally match other (master Tier) R11 drives.  Even though  the other player is using Nike or Call's.  @ 200 credits per sleeve, it is a nice savings from 300 Credits for the Call's or the whopping 450 + for the nike's.  

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:40 PM

I definitely know who slipped that roofie in my WGT drink - but then someone else slipped me an even BETTER one, but I've kicked the addiction to the Nike 20XI's finally...

But, since I like the guy, I'm not naming names - that's just needling someone more than they deserve.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 12:26 AM

pUGfANmn:
    But, since I like the guy, I'm not naming names - that's just needling someone more than they deserve.

We need to gather a WGT hit squad J:)

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:19 AM

MBaggese:

pUGfANmn:

Or a 12 step program - Non-starter balls Anonymous...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 6:58 AM

pUGfANmn:

MBaggese:

pUGfANmn:

Or a 12 step program - Non-starter balls Anonymous...

Where do I sign up??!?!?!?!!  lol

RSS