Help › Forums

Resizing Firefox browser window issue

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:18 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:00 AM

I've used Firefox now for about a year as it's the browser which gives by far the most stable performance for me on WGT. Having been running an old version of the browser for quite some time, this morning when I went to log in, it wouldn't show the log-in box or allow the game window to open. I based issue on me not updating the browser so updated it.

Everything now worked fine (could log in etc...) until I opened the game window. I now can't resize the game window which opens. I can expand it to full size (don't like this as I find it too big) or keep it the same size which is far too small. When I try to resize the window (by dragging at the edge) it simply will not budge.

I can change the size of other Firefox browser windows with no issues at all and this includes when I have the WGT forum open so it appears to be an issue specific to the game window.

I am now running Firefox 13.0.1 and have uninstalled and reinstalled it to ensure there were no issues being caused by an older version hanging on my system. Any ideas?

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:31 AM

Hey James, a very good friend of mine suggested  Maxthon browser . It seems smotther and faster than others, up to you to give it a go ....

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 2:12 AM

You may want to try this addon:   Full Screen Plus  2.2;   Takes a bit to get used to, but it allows you to use the F11 key;  and move the mouse cursor up to the top to exit full screen mode.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 2:21 AM

Thanks Simo; nice browser and as smooth as FF with WGT. However, how do you get rid of the annoying white bar (directly under the meter) which shows everything which is loading? As the site is continually loading new images, it doesn't ever go away.

Infi; downloaded the plug-in for FF and I can see how you use it but it still won't allow me to resize the browser window once it's loaded in. The only difference between today and yesterday is the version of FF that I'm using.

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 2:48 AM

Jim

I'm still using Firefox v7 with Flash v10.3 and will not move from it because I know it works for me, and I'm not really interested in any other bells or whistles that may come along.

I had a quick look on the internet and found this.  The problem is incompatibility between FF v13 and Flash v11.3.  Someone using WGT even posted there with the same problem.  The suggestion is to revert back to Flash v11.2 and all should be well again.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:07 AM

jimbean346:
    Infi; downloaded the plug-in for FF and I can see how you use it but it still won't allow me to resize the browser window once it's loaded in. The only difference between today and yesterday is the version of FF that I'm using.

When you are in the game client, click on the restore down window button to make the screen go smaller, then use the F11 key

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:07 AM

jimbean346:

When you are in the game client, click on the restore down window button to make the screen go smaller, then use the F11 key

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:26 AM

I was running FF v5 with Flash 11.1 so I've now moved to FF v13 and Flash 11.1. I'd purposely held off upgrading the Flash player as I'd heard of the incompatibility issues that were happening.

I can't see changing the Flash to 11.2 would make any difference, but naturally it could be what's causing the issue....thoughts?

-----------------------

Infi: as soon as I click F11 (when on standard size window) it maximises the screen and I can't move from the edge of the screen. It does seem like an incompatibility issue between the FF version I'm using and the version of Flash so I think I'll have to uninstall and find an older version of FF to use.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:38 AM

Ive had the same chit Jimbo

Right or wrong ive reverted back to Flash Player 11.2.202.235 (Windows)

Fixed & back to normal

Screwer

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:42 AM

Who says computers aren't strange.  The version of FF I am using is 14.0 beta 9, with the latest flash.

Then the next question I will ask is what video card are you using and are the drivers up to date.

• PAGES
RSS