Help › Forums

Resizing Firefox browser window issue

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:18 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:43 AM

Tried FF version all the way back to v9 and it's still not budging.....doing my nut in now. Will have a fiddle with Flash and see if that changes anything.

• Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:58 AM

I use firefox 3.6.27 just for WGT golf. Never had a problem and still works perfectly for the game.

Give that older version a try.

PS....still using the older flash version with my browser. Very stable

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 4:01 AM

Ok; got it working...the FF update had also updated the flash version to 11.3 (when I looked at the flash version I was in a different browser and it was still showing 11.1 for one reason or another). Since taking flash back to 11.2, it's allowing me to resize the window again....happy days!

Thanks for all the advice and help ;)

Simo; I actually prefer the browser you mentioned but would need to know how to get rid of that loading bar at the bottom. Let me know either in this thread or by PM if you know how to.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 4:11 AM

FF now jumpier than a box of frogs lmao.....fun and games

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:33 AM

jimbean346:

Simo; I actually prefer the browser you mentioned but would need to know how to get rid of that loading bar at the bottom. Let me know either in this thread or by PM if you know how to.

I play with full screen window (pop up mode), I prefer to have the screen as lager as possible ... so no idea how to get rid of it, try to type: about:config in the address bar, you have all options there ... hope this help you ...

EDIT: if you activate pop-up option (when you launch game window from a wgt page, you can resize it later, and no loading bar showed ... I think this is the best way if I understood what you meant ...

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:15 AM

Hi Jim,

Had a look at this browser. Certainly appears quite smooth on the meter.

Regarding the loading bar at  the bottom when the window opens a pop up option appears in the bottom right hand corner....as Simo says activate it & the playing screen 'pops' out, then minimise the the window behind it or else slide the playing' screen down until it covers the loading bar.

Barry

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:18 AM

Thanks guys for the responses; I've managed to get FF back to normal so all is good. I'll still keep the other browser as a good backup as I definitely liked it a lot.

• PAGES
RSS