Forums

Help › Forums

Question about average score

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 29 2012 6:48 AM (5 replies)
  • JordanSchenher
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 8:19 AM

Sometimes when I shoot above my average score, it still goes down. For example, my average score was 77.9 and I shot an 80, and it went down to 77.5. I've noticed it happen a few times, does anyone have any idea why?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:18 AM

HI

because it averages your scores, any new score looks at the pool of all scores and kicks out higher score and replaces it with this one, so it may likely have kicked out 84 or something like that and replaced it with 80, so your score went down.

-wgticon

• JordanSchenher
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 7:31 PM

Interesting... so it isn't really an overall average then? Thanks a lot for the reply it is much appreciated.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 8:21 PM

Once you've played a certain number of rounds at your current tier, your "average" is really an average of only your best x number of scores.

• JordanSchenher
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:50 PM

Ok, thank-you very much!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 6:48 AM

WGTicon- is there a reason why no time limit was put on it? I would think that rather than drive your "silent majority" of customers into a more and more difficult tiers the collection of the best scores should have been limited to scores from, say, the last 365 days. It seems that over a period of years someone will post enough "1 out of a 1000" rounds to move up even though the overall scores and skills don't warrant it.. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of purely recreational players who were just "killing time" here and enjoying it are quietly cutting the number of rounds they play or quit playing entirely because they are being forced into tiers where they realistically don't belong.

RSS