Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

Sun, Jul 1 2012 1:25 PM (3 replies)
  • tonythegator
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:24 PM

Being fairly new here, I have found it to be common for players to quit when not doing well.  I was just wondering what happens to their scores.  I just had a "master" with a low 60's average quit on the last hole with me up by 5 shots on him.  Sure, it was obvious that he was having a bad game, but does is game just disappear from his scoring averge since he quit before the finish of the game?  Just wondering.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 2:12 AM

tonythegator:

does is game just disappear from his scoring averge since he quit before the finish of the game?

Yes it does. Some players seemingly want to "protect" their average, though this works only temporarily. In the end, only a number of the best rounds will be counted.

• tonythegator
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:40 AM

alosso:

tonythegator:

does is game just disappear from his scoring averge since he quit before the finish of the game?

Yes it does. Some players seemingly want to "protect" their average, though this works only temporarily. In the end, only a number of the best rounds will be counted.

Are you saying that all ranked rounds are not counted against an average?   And let's look at this from the other side.  If a player wants to sandbag, can he quit on the last hole to avoid a great score being counted? 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 1:25 PM

Yes and yes.

More on "Changing Tiers" is there ==>

RSS