Forums

Help › Forums

7/01/12 Golfing Forecast

Mon, Jul 2 2012 2:24 PM (9 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:19 PM

Greetings fellow golfers from all of us here at the WGT National Advisory Committee where we are constantly striving to enhance your WGT experience. I'm your humble announcer, Dr. Anon E. Moose.

Following rave reviews of our initial "Golfing forecast" we've decided to make this a regular feature to keep you up to date on current WGT course conditions. Later, we hope to give you a look at our new ,"state of the art" control panel which we use to make our golfing forecasts as accurate as current technology allows. Working in close conjunction with andyson laboratories we are pleased to announce this never seen before equipment is up and running,

We seem to be having some technical difficulties, oh, O.K. there we go, Again our thanks to andyson labs for his peoples help in getting our equipment in top condition. If you'll look closely folks I think you'll find we've pretty much covered  every possible contingency. 1st off we check our G.S.M (green speed meter) which has four settings, normal, abnormal, fasten your seatbelts, and totally insane. Today's reading : "abnormal"

Next, we have the V.E.M. with three settings, weak, strong, and quilt. Today's reading : "weak"

Then we check the C.D.R. ( club distance reliability meter) with three settings, good ,poor, new club release soon. Today's reading : "Good"

And finally, we check the Beta-Man B.T.I. ( ball theft index meter ) with four settings low, medium, high, and buy a few sleeves. Today's reading "High".

Now, factoring in all this information, I would say today's forecast is as follows,

Expect minor deviations in putting results, very minor V.E.M. interferance, good club distances, well within normal range, but, given the "High" B.T. I. rating it's quite likely you'll lose a ball or two so check your inventory or risk getting stuck with starter balls in that important game.

Well, that's it from all of us here at  the WGT National Advisory Committee. Good day, enjoy your game, and remember " An informed Golfer, is a happier golfer " so, stay savvy folks.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:24 PM

Did you notice that WGT is so realistic that there is now a tree laying across the 14th fairway at Congressional?!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 1:19 PM

That's the global warming thing. You know, tornadoes and such. Adds a spot of realism.  :-D

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:01 AM

WE WANT MORE!!!!!!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:38 AM

An informant golfer is a happy golfer?  But I'll be kneecapped with a 9-iron!

Good stuff, Doc...enjoyable way to start the week.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 9:10 AM

lol .. last WGT-comic standing .. gud stuff Moose

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:16 AM

What does your equipment say regarding the chances that WGT restocked toilet paper in the Port-a Potties at St. Andrews?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:01 AM

You can pee in the Burn...if it burns when you pee, that's another matter entirely.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 2:24 PM

:)s  @ you all. I've checked the T.P.R. ( toilet paper re-stocking) meter (Oh , yeah ! We've got more instrumentation than the flight deck of the starship Enterprise !) and from the looks of it, you'd better stop by the pro shop and buy some.

Doc

RSS