Forums

Help › Forums

chipping

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:34 PM (2 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:39 PM

does anyone have a good formula to use when chipping.. i feel like I'm shooting blind when i chip.. as the results never seen to add up to what I'm trying to do.. either real close or way too far.. if nyone has any tips please share.. thank you all in advance cuz i know how helpful everyone is here

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:18 PM

You need to think of a chip as putting off the green.

You need to visualize where the ball will land...and figure break and slope from there.

You need to incrementally add power to the shot due to lie.

Try to keep your chipping power at 60/70 % and above for the most consistent results

I don't have a formula....I just got used to chipping back when putting off the fringe was a toss up.

I suggest you head to BPB on the flat greens and see what you wedge/ball combo produces with no spin full spin etc...start at full power...It will get to be like putting for distance and control

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:34 PM

I learn what a club chips with full back spin (Callaway s ball) to include the rollout. Then you know the most it will go and you can aim it like a putt, choking as necessary and paying attention to what MB pointed out by looking at the landing spot. With CG wedges you can choke down as low as 30-40% but you have to be careful about being too far away from the green. The first bounce has to land on the green.

RSS