Forums

Help › Forums

Haven't Been Able To Play for 2 Weeks Now (pics)......HELP

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 5 2012 4:39 PM (29 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 3:02 PM

Right click on Play Now and select Settings to see what the settings are. Select Global Settings for self explanatory options. You can also clear your Flash cache this way. Under Global Settings go to the Advanced tab. The Delete All button is there.

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 3:04 PM

BustaSpliff:

when i go too flash player global settings i  move the marker upto 1mb. then go into golf,but when i go back  too global settings its set too   0 again ,any  ideas please.

thanks

Busta-

I just checked mine again and it too was back to zero on the website storage setting but I didn't mess with it. Seems like once you move it up to 100kb, it will let you back in then reset itself but still allow you access. I can't explain why that is but was wondering if I would have to continually go set it up to 100 but it doesn't appear that way. So move it once and if it should let you play. Then just forget about it....unless it's still not letting you in.

eta: Just thinking...maybe by you moving it up to 100kb the first time tells the flash player how much storage room to use. Then when you go back it's at zero because it hasn't stored anthing yet.....??? IDK.

eta(2): I still have the choppy meter though (even in Chrome). Thinking that has to do with my processor/RAM. My motherboard is maxed out at 4MB but the system requirements only all for 1MB. Gonna see about upgrading the processor since I can't add anymore RAM.  :bangshead:

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 3:49 PM

geauxtigers0107:
    I still have the choppy meter though (even in Chrome). Thinking that has to do with my processor/RAM

4GB RAM is way more than enough. Before you go getting frustrated with that processor (unless it's woefully slow) take a look at how much RAM is getting soaked up by other stuff going on, even if you have no other windows open. Peep the msconfig file for starters. You might just have a bunch of stuff hogging the RAM. This is where a lot of players laud Gamebooster. I've never used it so I can't comment on it. Never needed to and I have the same RAM as you.

Have you always had this meter problem or did it start recently?

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 4:33 PM

cheers  Jim. set too 100kb. so left it that see how i get on now.. ty.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:50 PM

geauxtigers0107:

YankeeJim:

Check to make sure cookies and popups are allowed for WGT.Com. Plus, you would really be better off playing in Chrome than IE. Yes, I realize it has worked fine for you but this all started with you trying to fix a balky meter. Try Chrome, you might fix everything. It's free, painless to install and only takes a few minutes.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

You don't have to forsake IE. In fact, consider using Chrome for just the game if you still want to use IE. Put http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in the address box so every time you open it it goes there. 

The game will always open in the browser you're using  when you click Play Now. Instead of clicking there, just open Chrome and that address will take you to the game.

I think I'm going to give Chrome a try Jim. What have I got to lose, right? I was just worried that I'd somehow lose IE8 totally and I don't want to do that.

I've done the cookies and popups are allowed from WGT, btw. I'll report back if that clears everything up.

Thanks YJ.

all you need to do is reset I.E's default settings.

Go in via Control Panel Settings....and double click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

---------------

it's a internet explorer bug.

tbe

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 8:11 AM

YankeeJim:

4GB RAM is way more than enough. Before you go getting frustrated with that processor (unless it's woefully slow) take a look at how much RAM is getting soaked up by other stuff going on, even if you have no other windows open. Peep the msconfig file for starters. You might just have a bunch of stuff hogging the RAM. This is where a lot of players laud Gamebooster. I've never used it so I can't comment on it. Never needed to and I have the same RAM as you.

Have you always had this meter problem or did it start recently?

Have always had this problem on my home PC. When I get to work, no stutter. I just downloaded Game Booster and seems to have helped some. The stutter isn't completely gone but most of is.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 8:35 AM

Another trick is to hold your swing at the top of your backswing for the count of 3 or 4. 

This seems to help a lot of players with any meter stutter.

But since I'm an azzhole I don't expect you to take the tip.

Danny

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 8:38 AM

geauxtigers0107:
    The stutter isn't completely gone but most of is.

You're getting there. Far cry from what prompted this thread, I daresay. LOL

Now you have to ask yourself at home how much stutter is acceptable. I don't have any, myself. There's an occasional brief stutter, usually 1/2 way through the swing, that I believe is there on purpose but it's easy to catch. IMO, it's mostly msconfig file care-stop the stuff you don't need that starts up every time you start the computer. That's what Gamebooster is doing. :-)

• guitarcomet
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 1:28 PM

This could be the easiest and most effective solution. +1

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 4:39 PM

yep .. Gamebooster really works .. can increase your system performance with up to 50%

RSS