Haven't Been Able To Play for 2 Weeks Now (pics)......HELP

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 5 2012 4:39 PM (29 replies)
  • geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:43 AM

Here's my post in the "Pop-Up Blocker" thread last week:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/252/733115.aspx#733115

It details my problems that I"m still having. Well I've went back and deleted IE9 and went back to IE8 to see if that would correct it but it didn't. Here's a couple of pics to show what I'm seeing (and not seeing):

Photobucket

As you can see above, there's nothing in the left bar. It starts to show it loading with the spinning circle then goes blank.

And when I click the "Play Now" tab on the top right this is what I get:

Photobucket

The circle in the middle just spins but never loads anything. I've yet to have a mod explain a fix, help or advice on my problem. It's pretty disappointing.

I can click on "My Profile" and it takes me there but the left column where your friends list  and "Play Now" usually shows up isn't there either.

Some time back I was sent an invitation to join WGT Nation with the explanation of benefits of joining being preferred assistance or immediate help to problems....something along those lines. Was that just BS or will someone come through this time?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:54 AM

IE gave me hard time,s like that and getting into the pro shop . 

Some time ago I  went to Google Chrome and never looked back .

I still use IE for email and other stuff ,

I keep Chrome just for WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:54 AM

Check to make sure cookies and popups are allowed for WGT.Com. Plus, you would really be better off playing in Chrome than IE. Yes, I realize it has worked fine for you but this all started with you trying to fix a balky meter. Try Chrome, you might fix everything. It's free, painless to install and only takes a few minutes.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

You don't have to forsake IE. In fact, consider using Chrome for just the game if you still want to use IE. Put http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in the address box so every time you open it it goes there. 

The game will always open in the browser you're using  when you click Play Now. Instead of clicking there, just open Chrome and that address will take you to the game.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:25 PM

I agree, try Google chrome.

One thing I noticed however,  in the second picture where you are trying to load the game client, at the bottom says  "internet protected mode on"  have you tried turning that off??

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:28 PM

I don't think the OP wants to fix the problem I think he just wants to complain.

Since his first post in the other thread  and in this one as well, the advice is to switch browsers to Chrome or Comodo Dragon. Both of which offer excellent gameplay.

IE has slowly been getting harder and harder to optimize and just recently (last month or so) has been replaced as the most used browser in the world by Google Chrome.

If you are really a DIE HARD IE fan do as YJ suggested use Chrome exclusively for WGT and continue to use your Bloated IE for everything else.

I use Chrome for all my browsing needs and Comodo Dragon for WGT.

combined with an ad-blocker and Gamebooster and I don't have any of the issues most complain about, no meter stutters, no disconnecting, no hanging, smooth frame rates and solid game play.

Now if someone could come up with a solution for my 57 year old reflexes I might even hit the ding onec in a while.

Danny

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:28 PM

YankeeJim:

Check to make sure cookies and popups are allowed for WGT.Com. Plus, you would really be better off playing in Chrome than IE. Yes, I realize it has worked fine for you but this all started with you trying to fix a balky meter. Try Chrome, you might fix everything. It's free, painless to install and only takes a few minutes.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

You don't have to forsake IE. In fact, consider using Chrome for just the game if you still want to use IE. Put http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx in the address box so every time you open it it goes there. 

The game will always open in the browser you're using  when you click Play Now. Instead of clicking there, just open Chrome and that address will take you to the game.

I think I'm going to give Chrome a try Jim. What have I got to lose, right? I was just worried that I'd somehow lose IE8 totally and I don't want to do that.

I've done the cookies and popups are allowed from WGT, btw. I'll report back if that clears everything up.

Thanks YJ.

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:36 PM

DannyPhan:

I don't think the OP wants to fix the problem I think he just wants to complain.

Since his first post in the other thread  and in this one as well, the advice is to switch browsers to Chrome or Comodo Dragon. Both of which offer excellent gameplay.

Hey Danny, if I didn't want to fix the problem, I would'nt have posted it TWICE now looking for a solution. Don't come in my thread being an azzhole. I was very civil in asking for help and replied a bit ago about going try Chrome.

My reply to trying Chrome initially though was that IE has been working fine since 2009. Why not fix the problem instead of running from it? That was my thinking. If that bothers you (or my complaining, as you call it) then get the frick out of the thread.

Read YankeeJim's reply and see if you can pick up on how an adult offers advice to a fellow player.

To all others who've tried to constructively help, thanks. I'm trying all of the tips.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:40 PM

geauxtigers0107:
    I think I'm going to give Chrome a try Jim. What have I got to lose, right? I was just worried that I'd somehow lose IE8 totally and I don't want to do that.

Good move. You'll never be able to get rid of IE-Windows won't let you so don't worry about losing it. What you can do if you want, when you install Chrome it gives you the option of importing bookmarks. All that does is allow you to go to them from Chrome.

I wouldn't be surprised if you never used IE again.  ;-)

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:55 PM

Well I've got Chrome installed. I pasted the link you provided earlier in the address bar. I get the same as the picture I provided above (the second one). It's just the spinning circle that got up to 77% and looks like it's stuck there....just spinning.

I also looked into what one of the above posters mentioned....the internet protected mode being on. It was set on Medium-high. I moved it to medium. Have to restart now to see if that helps.

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 1:20 PM

Another problem I noticed....I tried to go straight to www.wgt.com instead of the game client and since I've never logged in from Chrome, it prompts me to do so. Only problem is, there's nothing in the left bar to sign to (top pic in original post).....lol.

I just double-checked the cookies too and they're allowed. I'm in the same boat I was in when running WGT in IE. I went back and looked at WGTalex's post about optimizing your WGT experience (because that's when my trouble started) to see what else I could put back to the way it was before and that hasn't helped either.

I don't know man. Guess I'm just SOL w/WGT. Thanks for the help guys.

RSS