Forums

Help › Forums

Friend invitation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 10 2012 12:58 AM (4 replies)
  • peterrolf
    29 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 4:01 PM

Hi, have been around for some time; recently I am experiencing a strange mistake of which I don't know whether it's my fault or not.

If I get invited by a friend and accept I am locked in the game of my friend, I can hear the typical music but the game window does not open; consequently I can not play, have to reboot and I am out of the game which is rather bad for the game itself but also for my reputation.

I am playing on both, PC and laptop, and with window 7; any ideas out there what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for helping me out here.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 4:45 PM

Have you tried the obvious? Clearing Cache thingy? Have you tried setting the game up and inviting them to see if it works? Have you tried with different friend? We need more info or at least try other ways and let us know. What browser are you using?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2012 5:19 PM

peterrolf:
    I am playing on both, PC and laptop, and with window 7

Two machines doing the same thing with the same user.

Yup, get a different browser and clear cache/ cookies etc on both

• peterrolf
    29 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 12:37 AM

Ty guys, I have tried everything you mentioned except using a different browser; I am using chrome. Can that be the problem? I still can not get into a match to which I was invited; in return if I invite it works perfectly well.

Any more ideas?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 12:58 AM

Using Chrome the only thing i would suggest is clearing everything from the browser , all the luggage it carries around.

Make sure Chrome is in focus (click in it somewhere) then press CTRL/ SHFT & DEL

this brings up the clear everything window, clear it all from the beginning of time.

Also, google 'ccleaner'  its free and will clean all kinds of stuff up.

Especially look in the TOOLS area and look at START UP these are all the things that run when you boot windows.

How many of these aren't necessary with EVERY boot? disable them all..

RSS