Forums

Help › Forums

Legends greens..

Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:12 PM (47 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 6:03 AM

Perhaps adjusting the order of the way CN said this will help you see where I'm coming from.

He said  "we have the ability to set our greens to a multitude of different stimp settings, 7.5... 10.0... etc.;  and those "ranges" are grouped into categories;  

so a setting such as "Tournament" will span a 1.0 stimp range (i.e. 12.0 - 13.0) so you will see difference within the label based on that range.

but when we setup the tournaments... we set them to even values (so 12.0 or 13.0 rather than 12.4)  ;  so you will see difference within the label based on that range.

Move the underlined section up. Note the "rather than 12.4" I read that as being an in between value and infer that it is used in non-tournament play.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:36 AM

To clarify for us mortals, and enlare our knowledge:  What the Hc is a stimp?  Your nickle.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:44 AM

Look at Andyson's post with the quote from WGT. Those numbers are stimpmeter ratings used to denote how fast a green is playing.

From Wikipedia (something that doesn't cost a nickle and you could have looked for.)

The Stimpmeter is a device used to measure the speed of a golf course putting green by applying a known force to a golf ball and measuring the distance traveled in feet.

• ballastrc
    143 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:25 AM

Why not add a practice putting green on each course...with the speed of the day on it.???

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:31 AM

andyson:
    Also, when there is no Legend or TM in an AS and there are Masters and Tour Pros what the heck do they call the green speed?  I'd bet its Very Fast.  And not one complaint ever, in my memory,
    True but surely as you progress those tiny increments make much more difference as you learn ? I never noticed a diff btween T/pro & Master....Maybe hadn't realised how much 1mm would make @ that time..??  Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    The Stimpmeter is a device used to measure the speed of a golf course putting green by applying a known force to a golf ball and measuring the distance traveled in feet.
    After reading all your input.the logical way 4ward is to give us the Stimp..Then WE will work out the variations from there on in no..?? After all' a stimp is a stimp..no matter what putter or who is using it  ! Cheers all Andy..

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:40 AM

Green speed for both TPs and Ms is Very Fast. The difference between them is the course length. Amateurs and Pros share "fast" greens.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:44 AM

alosso:

Green speed for both TPs and Ms is Very Fast. The difference between them is the course length. Amateurs and Pros share "fast" greens.

Probably why it didn't make much difference..lol..Good Post !..

However NOT to labour the point I share green speeds with Legends AND there is a diff !!!!
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:02 PM

alcaucin:

However NOT to labour the point I share green speeds with Legends AND there is a diff !!!!

We share a word but not the speed, Al.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:21 PM

Ref:  For your enlightenment I never use Wikipedia.  To much of it is unfounded, and unreliable garbage.  With my 11 1/2 years of shooling.  It is to difficult to sift out the real vs the garbage.  My nickle.

YankeeJim:

Look at Andyson's post with the quote from WGT. Those numbers are stimpmeter ratings used to denote how fast a green is playing.

From Wikipedia (something that doesn't cost a nickle and you could have looked for.)

RSS