Forums

Help › Forums

Level 80+ er's...

Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:45 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:19 AM

Need help badly..Was trying to hold out for R11 iron set maybe keep RBZ's Driver ?, anyway hit a massive wall ( @ full throttle ) impossible to get ball closer with med / high's,as you all know !! So, do I surrender now & get Burners or G20s or suck it up,learn a better short game in the interim period ( L 84 now ) did that to get L69 full set instead of jumping onto  Ping's early...Trouble is, a long way to L90 in Ex points ( Don't like to 40% up ), just a game after all.If money was no object I'd have the Burners already But...Like me you probably done $400+  just to make game that bit harder every time you Tier up..lol...Andy....tx.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:25 AM

That depends on you. What meter speed do you like, fast or slow? Why are you it seems in such a hurry? Play stroke play, practice rounds, and after I think its 5days of consecutive play you will earn 880 XPs, for every day in a row there after. it`s what I do.You can pick your tees and yes work on your game. Whatever your choice , try too keep your swing meter level. So if you are going to keep the driver, then go with the Burners and keep the meter level. Yeah it`s a long way to lvl 90. I `m on lvl 89 , and its 486988 to 90. So far 464596, well on my way. Work on building up your credits by doing the videos and surveys, because they do pay off. Well over 2500 credits and counting. So hope this helps, good luck. Play well and have fun.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:47 AM

Al, you went about 4/7 of the way to L90 - a long way to go.

Get yourself "intermediate" clubs - it would make a difference at irons weekend :)

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 11:59 AM

I faced the same dilemma a few weeks ago. Bought the Burners and never regretted it. They stick very well and I dropped several strokes on my average game. I am still not great, but having fun again and I calculated it would take me approximately 7 months to go from 82 to 90.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:16 PM

alosso:

Al, you went about 4/7 of the way to L90 - a long way to go.

Get yourself "intermediate" clubs - it would make a difference at irons weekend :)

Think I'll learn new yardage by Sat ?  ....Seriously though,I'd have to learn twice,get used to new clubs and prob upgrade ball ? Then when I've just dialed them ,in will have to do it all over again....U see my prob...And to 1st post not in a hurry,it just feels like you are stagnating @ times when you know what to do but not got equipment to do it...And lets dispense with g/friend jokes ( She laughs at me enough ) C u @ w/end Alosso..

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:21 PM

Blade7658:
    . I am still not great, but having fun again
    Thats the point..Feels like I'm working 4 WGT @ this moment !!  ty Andy

• cotton1961
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:24 PM

I went ahead and got the G20's and have no regrets so far. I like the slower meter and it's only a couple yards shorter.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 2:47 PM

alcaucin:

And to 1st post not in a hurry,it just feels like you are stagnating @ times when you know what to do but not got equipment to do it...And lets dispense with g/friend jokes ( She laughs at me enough ) C u @ w/end Alosso..

You are right, new clubs in this situation (wall) might add to the pressure. Maybe just go out & hug your gf - cheers to the Summer!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 5:37 PM

cotton1961:

I went ahead and got the G20's and have no regrets so far. I like the slower meter and it's only a couple yards shorter.

I got the L83 G20's and love them bigtime. The slower meter is perfect for me and when I get to Level 90 we'll see how I feel about getting the TaylorMades. Right now, I don't think I'm going to bother.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2012 6:12 PM

Hold out for the r11s, saying that i feel the burners are almost as gd, and are what i would class as a game changer from what you're currentally using.    

• PAGES
RSS