Forums

Help › Forums

changing views?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:44 AM (6 replies)
  • gregrpitts
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:27 AM

Sometimes the views I'm given just suck - particularly when I'm putting - sometimes the view from the player side is really far away - and I prefer not to use the zoom.  Or sometimes the angle off of the fairway view sucks too.  Is there any way to have further control over the views other than the zoom feature?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 1:41 PM

hi

you can click space bar for reserve view. otherwise, some holes hard to get all views since our photographers refused to walk neck deep in water.

-wgticon

• JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:24 PM

But on the green, can't u let us have the side view so we won't putt too short or too long.

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:35 PM

Icon, call the DISCOVERY Channel. Their photographers are FEARLESS & un lazy!    ; )

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:45 AM

There are also lies where you don't see the player at all or have to guess where he is...

It's a convenient habit to see the player & stroke & ball path but it's only really neccessary on the green.

For all other shots, the information is available regardless of the view:

- distance to play (overview pic)

- ball lie (ball icon)

- club&stroke type (down left area)

- stroke force (meter)

With these details one can hit the shot as perfect as can be, other than in real golf where the view at the ball & swing area is essential.

FWIW, I've chipped in quite a few balls at STA #8, only seeing my avatar's heels & a$$ :)

At putting, there are several locations where you can't see the line but I have yet to come to a place where the reverse view won't work either. With that, putting is also possible, though, confused by the reversion of directions, I have a hard time to decide whether to ding early or late.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:04 AM

Course some holes have awful views WITHOUT water. You'll hit back view or w/e and it'll just zoom OUT lol making the view even worse -__-

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:44 AM

I find the green reads are more reliable from the reverse view than they are from the front view anyway.

RSS