Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestion: Rent to Own

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:42 AM (6 replies)
  • agrafixman
    55 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:25 AM

Just a thought, but it would be great when you rent a club and decide you want to purchase it if the rental cost (or a portion of it) was applied to the purchase price. 

The option to purchase could be a button selection at the end of the rental period.  I know that this might in theory cut into the business model for WGT, but on the other hand, it might also create more rental income and players might be incented to try out clubs more often.

Just a thought.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:49 AM

Quite a few players have suggested that in the past.

No response from WGT... of course, lol.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 10:57 AM

agrafixman:
    Just a thought, but it would be great when you rent a club and decide you want to purchase it if the rental cost (or a portion of it) was applied to the purchase price. 
    Makes perfect sense...Except to wgt's accountants obviously !!! Know I would've taken advantage of rental system more often on the way up tiers..Though rentals in comps not a good idea !.Andy..

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:02 PM

I know this suggestion is on the list of things to do...  not sure when

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:29 PM

Bumping just because I think this is still a good idea and #1 on my wishlist behind maybe only R11S Hybrid and maybe new irons idk.

Though rather than having the option to buy be at the end of rental period, just have it like 2 weeks....

So you rent something, then you have 2 weeks to buy it with the price coming out. If you're past the 2 week point, then the cost no longer gets taken out(so if you rented something months ago and then just now say "maybe ill buy that after all" it wouldn't take out). 

The question there would be what if you rent 3 days in a row or something, would the 2 week or w/e period start from the 1st rental point and take out all 3 days' rental cost, or start at the end of the final rental, and would it take out rental cost of just the last time, or all of the times

• agrafixman
    55 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 5:39 PM

From my perspective the time period would start with the last rental.  For instance, at the end of your current rental period, you would have three (3) choices:

(1) End the rental period in which case all funds paid would be forfeit.  I do not see how a 2-week grace period benefits anyone.  I have to think you either know you want them or you don't.

(2) Continue the rental period which would result in these three same choices being presented at the end of the rental

(3) Purchase now which would apply the most recent rental cost to the purchase and deduct the difference from your account.

Anyhow... that's how I think it would make the most sense... and I'm with you about having the R11s (Driver though) on my wishlist.  Have to move up a few levels though before I can get it.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:42 AM

How about layaway...you pay me credits on a monthly/weekly/bi-weekly basis and once you've reached our purchase price I will gift you the club that you've been paying for....  

Fine print: There is a 20% fee to this program.... i.e. you pay me 1200 over time for a 1000 club purchase.... 

Any takers?

:-)

Note... all fees and profits are donated to the East Coast CC Freeroll program (check my profile for details)

RSS