Forums

Help › Forums

Why do so many Masters quit after a bad hole?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:03 AM (7 replies)
  • rzman
    166 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:39 PM

I'm fairly new to WGT so maybe I don't understand how the tiers and rankings work yet, but it seems that every time I play a stroke match with a master, they quit as soon as they have a bad hole.  Is there a reason for that or are they just poor sports.  I'v only been playing since June 2012 and my ranking is only Tour pro, so maybe I'm missing something.  Just seems weird. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:35 PM

They are spineless cowards. I never quit a match since playing WGT. Have taken some real beatings and beat some better players. All good experience and in the true meaning of the game. Don't get upset rz, just keep beating them up.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:44 PM

I think it all boils down to who are the gamers and who are the golfers looking to get their golf fix in.

Me,  only time I ever quit was when I was in a race to make Legend,  but then those were only single player games.

Never quit on purpose during multi player games, many of technical issues causing disconnects, but never quit due to bad shots.  For me the most fun can come from trying to salvage a decent score after some bad shot(s).

Build up a friends list of players you get along with/have fun playing with and only play with them.  Occasionally, when I have no friends available, I will play with some randoms and expect a few quitters but don't let it get to me; usually one other will stick it out and we just laugh at the ones who gave up.  Met plenty of my good wgt friends that way.

As a Legend, I will play with any tier, the problem I find is that when lower tiered players find out they are playing on Legend greens with legend winds they usually give up.  I say play with the legends through thick and thin and ask any game questions you might have, most of us Legends are happy to give tips along the way. 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:11 PM

the question is why does anyone quit ? .. Hack >>Legend ..

apart from connection problems, there should be no excuse .. they are twits .. simple

• GypsyGreen
    520 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 6:32 PM

Hi rzman,.. and all readers.

I as Master ( recently made) can say its not only Masters who quit.. personally i never quit or give up and enjoy the challenge of trying to save a rash of terrible shots and ending with a sense of accomplishment. More to the point ,. have fun with the game..

Quitters seem to worry solely about a perfect score and there average to such a degree that they have forgotten how to enjoy the game. ive started numerous games with 4 and ended with 2 or alone.. pathetic to say the least.. not to mention the fact that some will quit on there turn and freeze the game for all remaining players!

Disconnection due to connection or technical problems cant be helpt ...  but people stop bolloking about and enjoy the game... or at least stop ruining it for those who do enjoy it! 

See ya on the greens folks.. cheers!  

GypsyGreen.

rzman:

I'm fairly new to WGT so maybe I don't understand how the tiers and rankings work yet, but it seems that every time I play a stroke match with a master, they quit as soon as they have a bad hole.  Is there a reason for that or are they just poor sports.  I'v only been playing since June 2012 and my ranking is only Tour pro, so maybe I'm missing something.  Just seems weird. 

• waltpage
    5 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:03 AM

Thats another reason I'm not too thrilled with the game anymore. I've been playing over a year,but only seriously 3 or four months.My average of 79.1 is an honest average. I've got two hole in one's,several eagles,and generally have some good games.One bad hole,the rest I keep up with anyone.It will be 5 ft in the rough and I hit it 5 times and it moves 3 inches.But my point is,I create a game ,someone accepts.Ive out-drove higher tier players and they quit. I've matched their good shot and they quit. I've had one bad shot and they have quit.Everybody I ever have accept an invitation quits.I can't figure why.I think they just didn't notice I was only a lowly Pro with a 79.1 average,then no matter if I make a beautiful drive,it's like poof,their gone.Anyone who gets uppity and thinks they are too good to play a virtual golf game has some serious mental problems in my humble opinion.So you "important virtual golfers"want to be in you're little club,go ahead.Club of losers. I've got a real life to live,and I think I'll go live it. Like the joke ,If you have a Corvette,You don't need a large penis. 

RSS