Forums

Help › Forums

should i get the burners or wait

Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:50 PM (6 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:39 PM

i just reached level 79 and can get the burners finally.. or should i save my credits until i can get the r11s.. thank you in advance I'm sure ill get some good advice from you guys

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:53 PM

Personally, I'd get them or the high level G20's. (I see you use the lvl 59 G20's already)

You're at master level now, so your current clubs should be sufficient, but the new ones will definitely help you to tier up further.

It's quite a wait until level 90.

Hope this helps.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:14 PM

get them .. i used lvl59 g20's untill lvl79 .. i was gonna wait for lvl83, but on advice got the Burners ..

only thing is, the mtr will be way faster than u used to, so it takes some time getting used to .. other than that, they are waaayyy better than g20's .. they are superior to lvl83 G20's too ..

although i'll still get the lvl83 g's also on days my trigger finger is off ..

from lvl79 to lvl90 is double the XP points u have now, so ur wait will be long before u can grab the R11's .. Burners are the next best thing ..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:14 PM

IMO, get the Burners now and you'll be ready for the R11s when you get there. The biggest difference between the 2 sets is really only  the longer irons-3,4 and 5- and a gap adjustment that makes them all 15 yards apart. Those long irons are the real key, though, because of the longer Legend approaches. 

Learn the Burners and you'll really appreciate and be ready for the R11s when you can get them.  GL

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 3:36 PM

YankeeJim:
    Learn the Burners and you'll really appreciate and be ready for the R11s when you can get them.  GL
    I waited,holding out for R11's but as has been said could take months to get to L90. Got my Burners 1 week ago @ L85 , wish I'd bought them earlier (didn't know L90 so far off) already taken 3points off ave,stopping power better than G20's (rented them) BUT very fast meter speed,I upgraded to L47 nikes to slow meter down to manageble level,  the L71s go too far...had enough on plate learning irons !! Whichever you choose the high trajectory makes all those impossible shots suddenly possible  if not easy !! GL J.,p.s..you get user name change ?? Andy..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:12 PM

Good time to switch to the cheapest good ball-Callaway (s)-it's more than enough.  :-)

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:50 PM

I'm slightly in the same boat myself, though not really debating all that much. Being relatively on the verge of Legend and feeling like I'm not going to improve all that much with what I have now.  Sure, the G20 83+ are on the horizon, but is it really worth it?

I played the July NKF that was from the tips and put up a respectable score. At the same time, the round made it pretty clear that I will need to make some adjustments and clean up my game if I'm going to continue to compete once I get there.

I know the R11s are going to be eons away, especially with the change in level requirement.  My suspicion is that I will need to make an upgrade before I get there just so I CAN get there.

My advice - get to the point that your game completely plateaus before making a wholesale club change.  You're a long way from having to deal with longer tees, as has been mentioned, so I'd stick with what I got and save up.

RSS