Help › Forums

Legend Advice

Sun, Jul 15 2012 3:48 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Javelin62
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:20 AM

hi all.

Might have a chance to start playing on a regular basis soon (hopefully).

I'm level 81 legend & just played a few practice rounds. My Rapture irons are not getting me close enough to give me realistic birdie chances. Would i be Ok to buy the level 79 burners or wait for the G20's at level 83?

Thanks for any help.

PS....has WGT come out with any Legend only clubs?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:05 AM

Javelin62:

hi all.

I'm level 81 legend & just played a few practice rounds. My Rapture irons are not getting me close enough to give me realistic birdie chances. Would i be Ok to buy the level 79 burners or wait for the G20's at level 83?

Thanks for any help.

hi

i think burners are pretty good clubs. likely better than g20's except for meter speed. if that's not an issue, it should suit you very well

also, 79--83 may take several month as well.

-wgticon

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:10 AM

Javelin, the burners are the same speed of your r 9 driver and it looks like you do not have any trouble with the speed. The burners are kinda picky in the wind. Always try and hit on the opposite side of the wind (VERY LITTLE). They are very accurate. Enjoy.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:05 PM

lonnieskinner:

Javelin, the burners are the same speed of your r 9 driver and it looks like you do not have any trouble with the speed. The burners are kinda picky in the wind. Always try and hit on the opposite side of the wind (VERY LITTLE). They are very accurate. Enjoy.

I totally agree with this poster but taken a quick look at you set up I would suggest grabbin a 3wd even the Burner to go with you Driver as well and you all set till your 90's.

Good Luck and welcome back,

Mes.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:40 PM

The Burners are more than good enough , played with them until i got the R11's.

I hired the G20's recently and wouldn't rate them over the Burner irons.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:51 PM

lonnieskinner:
    The burners are kinda picky in the wind. Always try and hit on the opposite side of the wind (VERY LITTLE). They are very accurate.
    Just got them what do you mean by 'opposite side of wind ?' If winds 10 from the right don't you aim right of pin ??? Andy

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:06 PM

Andy  if the wind is from you  right hit just before the meter on the right side. It the wind is from the left, hit just before the meter on the left. It holds the shot off just a little. Holding it against the wind. I noticed that sometimes in a strong wind, even if I pinged them they still went with the wind to much. Its a fine line but I think you will love them.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 4:55 PM

Javelin62:

hi all.

Thanks for any help.

Must admit, great job doing the opposite of what sanbaggers would do; going straight to legend!!, grats.

Indeed, you are in the right time but unfortunately in the wrong place!!!. As Wgt do not grant equipment by tier, which I believe 99% of the legends would agree, I got to say that equipment is crucial if you want to be competitive. 

For many months I have not seen any legend playing with the raptors. Do not get me wrong, Raptors are fine clubs, but not good enough to be competitive as a legend tier.

Only suggestion I can make is; take your time & spend many, many hours until you reach the right level to buy the best equipment. Again, you can play with the Raptors all this time, although good results will..... not come handy.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:00 PM

lonnieskinner:

Andy  if the wind is from you  right hit just before the meter after the ding line on the right side. It the wind is from the left, hit just before the meter on the left 'ding' line on the meter. It holds the shot off just a little. Holding it against the wind. I noticed that sometimes in a strong wind, even if I pinged them they still went with the wind to much. Its a fine line but I think you will love them.

sometimes a picture is worth 1000 words ...

It is important to note this 'adjustment' is in addition to moving the aim marker to compensate for the cross-wind. The real key is: do not hit early if you have a Right - Left wind, and do not hit late when wind is Left to Right.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:27 PM

Thanks gr, that is what i was trying to say. hahahaahahaa

• PAGES
RSS