Forums

Help › Forums

SWING METER

Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:41 AM (20 replies)
  • Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:55 PM

My meter is just perfect, don't have a clue why, so don't ask.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:13 PM

First you don't say what operating system you have. Windows 7 is not very WGT friendly. you might try either game booster or Gboost or like me both together. But as for my browser I run Comodo Dragon. To be it seems to be the most stable browser that there is for this game. But no matter which browser you use don't use it for anything but WGT.  And play with no other open windows.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:27 PM

borntobesting:
    Windows 7 is not very WGT friendly.

I have to disagree with my right honorable friend. I credit my smooth meter to Windows 7 among other things. Things need to be turned off and it will work great for a smoother meter.

Learn how to turn-off Windows 7 features here.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:30 PM

I find the best thing to do on the rare occasion that I get an unsteady meter is to hold at the top of the backswing for around 5 seconds before releasing. You soon get in the habit and you can use this time to check you have the shot aimed correctly.

• radard
    171 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:42 PM

I went to Display menu  and maxxed out my screen refresh rate works for some an easy try I went from 60 hertz too 75 herts  helped my old PC

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:19 PM

Lots of things to try - most of which I hadn't even considered or looked at.  I might have to give Comodo a try with all the times I've heard it suggested...

• dallasga6
    24 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:36 AM

Another thing that seems to help is to close the WGT main window after you open up the game window....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:50 AM

@Dallas,

Set a desktop icon. This will assure the game-client is the only window open.

Right click on your desktop, and select "New > Shortcut". Enter or paste http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx as the location of the item, hit next, give it a reasonable name (like WGT game-client), and you're done.

P.S. Were you the one who found those basset hounds in Dallas GA that were stolen from a Missouri family 5 1/2 years ago? : )

• MacSniperE
    279 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:25 AM
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:29 AM

Richard4168:

@Dallas,

Set a desktop icon. This will assure the game-client is the only window open.

Right click on your desktop, and select "New > Shortcut". Enter or paste http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx as the location of the item, hit next, give it a reasonable name (like WGT game-client), and you're done.

P.S. Were you the one who found those basset hounds in Dallas GA that were stolen from a Missouri family 5 1/2 years ago? : )

Definitely not me, 5 1/2 yrs. ago was living in Las Vegas.

RSS