Forums

Help › Forums

aiming putts with the meter

Tue, Jul 17 2012 5:10 PM (38 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:25 PM

i have been putting with the meter for as long as i can remember.. but players have been telling me i won't be able to continue this if i want to move on to tour master and legend.. but for me i understand putting with the meter.. does anyone else do this?? will i really need to relearn putting to move on to the next level.. I've shot 32 several times but never gotten any lower as of yet.. but considering I'm only a master tier is that really so bad?? when i first joined i tried putting by hitting the ding and move the arrow to wherever i thought the break was but never had any luck.. my putting did not improve until i started using the meter.. i know i ask a lot of questions.. some of u are probably sick of me by this point.. but I've always been told a closed mouth doesn't get fed.. and i need advice.. I'm sure ill get some more great advice like i always do from the community.. so thank you all

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:29 PM

JoshuaHay23:
    . my putting did not improve until i started using the meter..
    Don't know what you mean by this..Andy.

• chuckietom
    173 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:32 PM

i use the meter to take the break out of the greens

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:32 PM

when i putt.. i aim by hitting to the left or the right of the ding.. how far away from the ding depends on the break.. i don't aim with the arrow line at all.. i don't move it

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:35 PM

JoshuaHay23:

when i putt.. i aim by hitting to the left or the right of the ding.. how far away from the ding depends on the break.. i don't aim with the arrow line at all.. i don't move it

this is the only way i've ever putted and it never stopped me moving up tiers.

tbe

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:39 PM

Compare your putting stats with some reference players and if you are close to them why to change...

• drxjr
    36 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:52 PM

tbe is right,

it's the only way i have ever putted in this game. the only time i change is on big breaking putts

DRXJR

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:07 PM

thank you feels good to know that a legend is doing this to.. and i can tell the people that are doubting me to sit on it lol jk.. it makes perfect sense to me but most people think I'm crazy.. ty for the encouragement ad i guess you all are right.. if it aint broke don't fix it

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:12 PM

my putting stats are as follows.. please let me know if I'm doing good enough to continue putting this away or if i should think about changing.. i am a master tier with a 68.68 avg

Longest Putt Made52 Ft

.Putting Avg. Per Hole1.97

Putting Avg.

Per Round19.02

One Putt %24.32%

Two Putt %55.71%

Three Putts or More %1 9.97%%

Putts Made from 0 - 5 Fee t 43.15%%

Putts Made from 5 - 10 Feet 4.83%%

Putts Made from 10 -25 Feet 2.28%%

Putts Made from 25 - 50 Feet 0.28%%

Putts Made from 50+ Feet 0.01%

Total Putts7,912

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:27 PM

also i have read on these posts that when you miss ding method that you will lose some distance on your putts.I would imagine the longer the putt and the bigger the break,the more distance you would lose.prolly not a lot but if its true,just one more thin you must compensate for,this is a big reason I never started out useing this method. Lastly,the longer you wait to try a different method the harder it will be to change. nothing against the miss the ding method,just not my cup of joe. gl&keep em dry.

RSS