Help › Forums

Putting "Please Help"

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:30 PM (4 replies)
  • NaturalHazards
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:43 AM

Hey,

I do pretty good at everything up until i hit the green and i just can't judge anything and typically lose all the games because of my horrible putting. I could use any pointers you can give me :) please an ty.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 12:14 PM

NaturalHazards:

Hey,

I do pretty good at everything up until i hit the green and i just can't judge anything and typically lose all the games because of my horrible putting. I could use any pointers you can give me :) please an ty.

hi

this thread offers pretty good tips to help with putting. give it a try.

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:02 PM

NaturalHazards:

Hey,

Not really got an answer..High end Legends do gr8 with the starter..Can't use it my self ! I waited till L44 redwood 4 my 1st putter buy ( maybe learned about increments ) along the way...Get putter pal ( then make your own ) imo @ your level,just putt & no expectations, it doesn't come naturally to all but the L20 ams on A 60 ave...I have the nike which I find easier with 10% increments but there are no set rules...I'd wait & get L30 mantra or L51 nike..But if you don't mind the math the L35 Ghost I hear is not too shabby..GL it's a gr8 game Andy..

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:29 PM

Your question is pretty vague... what are you having problems with? judging the break? distance control? I'd love to help, just be a little more specific please.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:30 PM

NaturalHazards:
    typically lose all the games because of my horrible putting.

Looking at your profile, I can see that you are very new.

Sounds like you are playing multi most of the time. The sandbaggers here will tell you to play plenty in practice mode. I'd say play in some tourneys, especially the unlimited variety. Take notes. 

Research the forums for tips. Gold's putting thread is definitely worth a read. Wind, Elevation, and Spin are good search targets. 

At some point you'll make the decision whether or not to spend some money on this venture. Improvement can be had via better equipment. Sad to say, but that is how the place stays in business. Your money or your time spent with the sponsored 'free' credits option.

When I first came here, I vowed never to spend a dime. Yeah. Right. Many bucks later here I am.. Still frustrated.. Still learning.  

Good luck. 

RSS