Forums

Help › Forums

Time to make a comment.

Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:55 PM (45 replies)
  • genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:49 PM

renniw52:

I have noticed some crazy things going on lately.... I have noticed the accuracy of the R11's and the top shelf balls decline.

It happens to me once in a while for a couple of days up to 1 week or so. And the last few days was such a period that's why I am replying to your post :). Don't know if it's me or if I just get an unlucky series of forgiveness (that's a random process so sometime it's like the clubs do no longer forgive anything). My balls were going all over the place: far right, far left or really short.

Having a bad round now and then, it happens, but when you have to play 6, 7 or even more consecutive rounds before posting a decent score, that's strange :) . In such a case, I just play free unlimited tourneys or alt shot game waiting until it's gone :) .

Regards

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:56 PM

Mocha and Danny, you guys may already be aware of this, but if not, here's a way to max out your XP:

Create a country club of which you're the only member.  Create 18-hole tournaments with unlimited play that last 24 hrs.  You'll get 400 XP plus number of strokes for each 18-hole round...so you'll probably get anywhere from 460 to 470 XP per round.  Play four of those a day, and by the time you add the 880 XP for consecutive days played, you're getting around 2700 XP per day.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:14 PM

Randomness = luck = less skill involved in the game

more like a poker site!

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:22 PM

genorb:
    Having a bad round now and then, it happens, but when you have to play 6, 7 or even more consecutive rounds before posting a decent score, that's strange :) . In such a case, I just play free unlimited tourneys or alt shot game waiting until it's gone :) .

:) you are right. 

May I ask you something, I believe you, like me, keep records of all your rounds as legend. 

If you put all rounds in a spread sheet in order of play, and next to each the average, you can see how the average go up or down.... (real average of all the rounds in order)

Then you put the averages in a graphic... you can see how is very constant the ups and down of the deviations. statistics and probability...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:30 PM

mkg335:
    Create a country club of which you're the only member.

Thanks mkg.  I've already got the first part of that plan taken care of.  But I'm only half way through level 88... so I'd have to play in even more one-man tournaments.  Since I rarely play more than 9 WGT holes a day I'm guessing that would be a stretch.  Now, 18 holes of real golf per day... I can do that!

An idea for WGT:  If you implement this shift in levels for the R11S how 'bout doing what you did a year and a half ago when you bumped a lot of golfers up a tier and added levels... i.e. give us a few days of amnesty to buy the gear we want... the gear that was within our grasp.  

Or don't move those goalposts at all.

Or give everyone on WGT 60,000 XP points just for the heck of it.

Or gift Danny and myself an R11S for good sportsmanship. (Bet Danny's liking that one)

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:57 PM

Doublemochaman:

WGTadmin2:
    I can promise that we did not do anything to change your equipment

But what's up with planning to change mine?!  I want that R11S driver at level 90 (I'll be there soon) buy you're planning on changing it to level 94!

Wah!

I don't want to be rude, but I think you dont need it. If you were a leve 88 legend then I would understand your frustration. your current driver is very forgiving, very good distance, and a very low meter. from your tees I think that is more than enough. you are now driving closer to the green, than any legend with the r11's driver. 

You will find yourself adjusting distances for drives in a lot of holes, 

When you become legend, I'm sure you will have the require level by then,

and relax there is not need to green every hole with the driver, you have others clubs to play with :)

cheers.

J.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:02 PM

I'm not a race car driver but I want an Audi R9.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:42 PM

Lol i love the we didn't do anything to the clubs reply. Well something is wrong when a 19 crosswind does not move the ball.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:50 PM

Doublemochaman:

I'm not a race car driver but I want an Audi R9.

I'm not a model citizen but I want Heidi Klum.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:17 PM

Interesting comments, mkg is on the right track, who cares if the clubs and balls do what their supposed to any ways. I will retract my original comments. The clubs and balls work absolutely perfect every time. I must be imagining things. For all the rest of you folks, who seem to be having some of the same issues, you are imagining things too. Now there, the matter is settled, some of us are just nuts.

RSS