Help › Forums

Dinging putter - help!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:22 PM (4 replies)
  • Ibbie
    13 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:59 PM

If WGT reads this... please reply!

Love the game - hate the meter! Recently came back after 9 months off; took a break because the meter was frustrating! After extensive research, I believe the issue is Internet latency (my reasoning is based on the fact that at times the game runs super smooth, generally when my ISP has low traffic). I am hoping anyone can prove me wrong.

The issue: on about 50% of putts (as well as some other shots), the putter/clubs get warm to the ding and leap past.

This is a snapshot of my efforts to date:

1. PC is 1 year old - high performance; 4GB Video Ram. Gutted to be super smooth specifically for this game. Running Windows 7 with a Latency Fix in place.

2. Monitor Adobe Flash settings, with the only loaded page being WGT; Putting Grid is off; using a gaming mouse (wired).

3. Advance System Care for regular clean-ups; tried various "performance boosters" and settled on Game Booster, although it doesn't seem to make a difference.

4. Tried most browsers - Microsoft, Google, Mozilla etc... settled on Pale Moon. Only application running is WGT; even closed Profile page during gaming.

5. Internet connection is ADSL 2+ (fastest is Australia; about 3Mb per sec); Latency measures are low 20ms, average 190ms, high 370ms. About 13-18 hops away while using OpenDNS.

If you check my Profile wall page, I have written extensive notes about meter issues; this is a snap shot of problems and potential remedies.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 9:21 AM

Hi

I would think latency is about 60% of all issues - especially when you can confirm with tests at different times.

those pings are not horrible but I think if you do tests, during evenings they will be higher than late early morning, so likely is what causing meter issues.

optimizing computer setup helps as well.

-wgticon

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 9:31 AM

Dont u thing Wgt  need a better server.?

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:34 AM

Ibbie:

1. PC is 1 year old - high performance; 4GB Video Ram. Gutted to be super smooth specifically for this game. Running Windows 7 with a Latency Fix in place.

What type of Latency Fix are you referring to?  I know of the one to adjust MTU, but aside from that don't know of any other fixes.

What Icon says confirms something I have thought for quite awhile - that latency and jitter can affect game play, including meter speed and stuttering.

• Ibbie
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:22 PM

Leatrix Latency Fix 3.0 - designed specifically for Windows 7 latency issues experienced during online gaming. 

RSS