Forums

Help › Forums

Comodo..

Tue, Jul 31 2012 2:22 AM (35 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:49 PM

Just downloaded it..Very smooth meter.But keep getting 'pop up blocker' Any idea how to disable on 'Dragon' ?/ cheers Andy..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:58 PM

To the right of the address bar you should see a hand in a red octagon if you have Adblock installed.. Click that for adblock options.

For other settings, click the CD logo in the top left corner. Scroll down to see the tab for advanced options. This is where you clear the browser cache, among other things.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:02 PM

YankeeJim:

To the right of the address bar you should see a hand in a red octagon if you have Adblock installed.. Click that for adblock options.

Don't know what an address bar is..YJ But have a red magnifiying glass , a green dice with 3 spots on it & norten security tag..? 1st computer ?..Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:07 PM

YankeeJim:
    For other settings, click the CD logo in the top left corner. Scroll down to see the tab for advanced options. This is where you clear the browser cache, among other things
    Cool,YJ, sorted it now,,was frightened to click on anything,in case meter went real bad again..TYVM  Andy..

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:19 PM

I did the same and started using it today, but still feel like the meter's jittery...but oddly, it's ONLY when it gets close the ding...that's more annoying than if it stuttered all the way though because then I could actually let the meter go.

I'm tempted to say my issue is the result of making some changes to my Win7 visual settings to try and clean them up...but they've seemed to backfire.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:51 PM

alcaucin:
    Don't know what an address bar is..YJ But have a red magnifiying glass , a green dice with 3 spots on it & norten security tag..? 1st computer ?..Andy

Those are icons for the extensions you have installed. Click on them and see what they say. You can mange your extensions by clicking that logo, selecting Tools/Extensions. That opens a separate window and shows you easy to understand stuff with options for each one. :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:08 PM

pUGfANmn:
    I did the same and started using it today, but still feel like the meter's jittery...but oddly, it's ONLY when it gets close the ding...that's more annoying than if it stuttered all the way though because then I could actually let the meter go.
    pUGfANmn:

Only been on it 18hrs or so,but if you shut main page down,it may be better..noticed when a 'friend '  comes on line , you can have a slight hitch when that 'de de de daa' sound chimes in ? Andy..Thx for the lessons YJ,it's amazing how quick you can pick this s^it up..Appreciate your time Andy.

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:32 PM

alcaucin:

Only been on it 18hrs or so,but if you shut main page down,it may be better..noticed when a 'friend '  comes on line , you can have a slight hitch when that 'de de de daa' sound chimes in ? 

Sadly, it's been the same regardless of if I keep the regular browser open or closed.  I have the notification for friends/invites turned off, too.  I'm even more peeved because the meter's worse on my i5 Windows 7 laptop than my dual core Win XP work box.  Might be the difference between a laptop and desktop, too...

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:37 AM

alcaucin:

Just downloaded it..Very smooth meter.But keep getting 'pop up blocker' Any idea how to disable on 'Dragon' ?/ cheers Andy..

Just curious, Whats this comodo you speak of.  I'd be interested in maybe using it to help my meter.   Appreciate, if you could let me know.

tks

drew

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:30 AM

drewsterinone:

.   Appreciate, if you could let me know.

tks

Go to www.comodo.com   Free download & I find it much better than Chrome..Been here awhile and not found anything smoother,though only playing on this browser for 36ish hours..GL.Andy..

RSS