Forums

Help › Forums

Comodo..

Tue, Jul 31 2012 2:22 AM (35 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 4:47 AM

alcaucin:
    Only been on it 18hrs or so,but if you shut main page down,it may be better..noticed when a 'friend '  comes on line , you can have a slight hitch when that 'de de de daa' sound chimes in ?

One of the most basic moves in the game is to shut down other windows, especially the main WGT page, when you play. Clicking Play Now gets your default browser to open in a separate window but the main one stays open in the background along with all of the activity that goes with it. 

Turn off the invite sound in the Game Settings and you won't get that "slight hitch."

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:15 AM

Agree with YJ on playing with ONLY the WGT play window open, though I cheat a bit: I play using Comodo Dragon, while I have another browser (Chrome) open to multi-task, usually on http://www.wgtls.co.uk where I meet with other on-line golfers to set up matches, etc. I also use GameBooster to stifle other background activity like updates, that can inject noise into the game.

To set up Comodo to open up on the WGT play window, click on the Dragon logo in the upper left corner of the window, and choose 'Settings...' , go to 'On Startup' and click the button for 'Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages

Click the Set pages button and enter the following url:  http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

Now when you open Comodo Dragon, you'll automatically go to the WGT play window.

WARNING! Do NOT open up WGT main page in another browser type (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)! Subtle differences in coding between the various browser types can lead to game errors. If you absolutely have to have WGT main window open, then open it in a new tab in Comodo Dragon. Still, close it out when actually shooting a shot for best meter results.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:06 PM

Done all of that..Noise off,set pages...off golfing now Ty Andy.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:54 PM

entered that url too go direct too golf and its got all me toolbar on top and tray at bottom the golf screen is only then small. so thats no use for me need it full screen my eyesight  lol . ty.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:45 PM

Hit F11, Busta. Maximizes the screen.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 4:06 PM

I use Comodo Dragon exclusively and the last 2 days when I log on there is a message saying that a new version of Google Chrome is available. I realize that Dragon is Chrome based but it is not Google Chrome. Has anyone else gotten this message and if so did you down load it?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 4:56 PM

LOL. Been waiting for someone to speak up on that, Sting. I say no every time because everything's peachy with CD as it is. It's only for the game for me, ain't broke and ain't fixing it.  :-D

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:11 PM

alcaucin:

drewsterinone:

.   Appreciate, if you could let me know.

tks

Go to www.comodo.com   Free download & I find it much better than Chrome..Been here awhile and not found anything smoother,though only playing on this browser for 36ish hours..GL.Andy..

Hello,

I downloaded it and so far working nicely, much better not full proof, but way better.

appreciate it thank you

drew

• Santa26
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:57 PM

I disagree

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 6:39 PM

Santa26:
    I disagree
    Thats allowed..