Help › Forums

Another Hacker Checking In :O)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:36 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TomDouglas
    25 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 10:19 PM

Hello Out There Virtual Golfers! Just another Hacker that just made it to Amateur here.  My name is Tom Douglas and my user name is TomDouglas (all one word),  I live in Ventura California on the Pacific coast between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. When I was younger and in better health, my passion was Golfing.
    My goal on almost any Sunday morning was to be the first 4some to tee-off and I loved to watch the ball as it would run across green with a light rooster tail of water coming off the back of it as it dropped into the cup. I started golfing with my father when I was 16 years old, but at that age the last thing on my mind was learning the real game of golf and when the newness wore off, was about the same time that I released that there were girls and cars that would take up any extra time that used to be set aside for golf. (sorry dad)
    I got back into golf when I was in my early thirties,  I worked hard on my short irons at our local community collage on a daily basis and really miss being the12 handicap that I came to be until I was inured at work. Since that time I have missed golfing so much and I am happy to finally find a golf simulator that could be called a simulator and not a game, and I think this software is about as close as it can come to being real and still be able to sit in my chair.

I have been a beta tester for some well known Drag Racing and Radio Control Racing simulators since I helped test the NHRA & Burnout Championship Drag Racing Sim's starting in 1997. the last Simulator I helping beta test is the Virtual Pro RC Racing Sim, You can get a glimpse of it on my user profile page on the Live community web site at >
    http://www.vrcworld.com/member/default.aspx .

Anyway most golfer could care less about scale race cars, just know that the Golfing bug has never really lsft my heart but after 12 major back surgeries I can no longer hit the ball like I once did when I won our local Long Drive Tournament hit a nice 335 yards with only about 4 yards of roll, using a Ping wooden driver.

If there is a Country Club that is looking for an armature that hopes to climb the latter fairly quick I would like to be a part of a good wholesome style club, so give me a message if your club is interested and I'll see about joining up.

Sincerely;

Tom Douglas  aka "Mas"

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 9:19 AM

Welcome TOM!

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:16 AM

TomDouglas:
     I live in Ventura California on the Pacific coast between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.

We used to drive up to the Ventura pier for some night shark fishing. The spiny dogs used to come out with the tide after it got dark and we'd hang Coleman lanterns over the side to see. 50# test line with a 3 foot 135# 7 strand wire leader, #7 octopus hook spearing a squid, a gaff on a rope and a case of beer.  Those dang sharks would bend a 7 ft pole in half! LOL  Great fun in Ventura.  You'll like it here, too.  :-)

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:47 AM

Hi.

Welcome aboard.I will be looking forward to your future post's.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:01 PM

Welcome Tom,

I understand and feel your pain as I too have my share of back issues. from playing sports. I have yet to endure my first surgery as I am scared to go under the knife :(

I run a simulated version of the PGA tour at our CC if you are interested  Visit our forum and I also have a list of CC's as well in case mine doesnt offer what you are looking for.

CLICK HERE to check it out.

Enjoy your day and good luck to you and your WGT career!

• TomDouglas
    25 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 1:51 AM

Thank you all for the nice wecome to your community! I have only played multi player games for about 4 Blitz rounds and about a week of practicing. Most of the folks I have encouontered in the multiplayer so far have been real nice people, there have been a couple that have issues when they hit a ball a little off kilter and disconnect real fast but I remember getting pretty frustrated when I would hit a slice into the next faiway or hit a sand shot that would connect better than it was suppose to and end up on the oposite side of the green laying with a bogey LOL.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to some fun times and hope to get to know a lot of you on the tee.

Thanks again, Regards;

Tom Douglas

• TomDouglas
    25 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:52 AM

YankeeJim:

TomDouglas:
     I live in Ventura California on the Pacific coast between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.

We used to drive up to the Ventura pier for some night shark fishing. The spiny dogs used to come out with the tide after it got dark and we'd hang Coleman lanterns over the side to see. 50# test line with a 3 foot 135# 7 strand wire leader, #7 octopus hook spearing a squid, a gaff on a rope and a case of beer.  Those dang sharks would bend a 7 ft pole in half! LOL  Great fun in Ventura.  You'll like it here, too.  :-)

Hi'ya YankeeJim, It's nice to meet someone that know where I live. I was born here but have moved away two or three times but I have always returned to this 75Degree weather all year long.
    As for your fishing exploits, it sounds like you've had some fun day or night down there. I've been there and done that, with sleeping bags on those all nighters catching them the whole time. I don't know how old you are but it has been quite some time since the fishing was good enough to admit to it, LOL. Once upon a time when I was in my teens, the pier once could yield some really nice fish. I remember when there were electric sockets on the pier and we plugged in the brights light we could find and drop it over the edge and hang it about 4 or 5 feet from the water and before we knew it there were schools of Bonita coming through and every pole on the pier was bent over with everyone yelling grab my pole before it goes over the edge! with each pole brining in 20 pound Bonita's. This was in the late 60's though. Times have changed  a little and about the only thing you can catch these days are rocnkees (SP). But you are right, there once was a time that all you had to do was throw a half of a mackerel over the edge and before you know it there would be a nice 8 foot thrasher or blue shark on your line and you were doing the happy dance trying to keep the shark from wrapping your line around one of the pilings cause if you did, it was a goner.

You must be an old timer because they haven't done fishing like that on the Pier for quite some time, thanks for the reply

Sincerely

Tom

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 12:42 PM

LOL. Great relate, Tom. The coolest thing I ever saw was a sea ray float by with the wingspan of the pilings.  We're probably the same age and I'm 3000 miles away now otherwise I'd come and get you to go try for whatever's coming up these days.  ;-)

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 1:57 PM

Hey Tom,  Lived in Ventura in the early 70's..  Worked at Pt. Mugu...Great place to live. Welcome aboard and hit em straight.

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:54 PM

Hi Tom welcome to the game. And if u still looking for a cc to join i can say that u are welcome to Rock n Roll Haven cc. Contact RockinUKRon our clubmanager 

• PAGES
RSS