Forums

Help › Forums

Game Controller

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:35 PM (3 replies)
  • indyduffer
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 10:46 PM

Can I use a game controller to play?  If so what kind would be best?  I brought a generic one from Radio Shack and it did not work.  

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:03 PM

I can't really see any advantage to a controller over a mouse.  The controls here are very basic, there really isn't any need for a more complicated input device.

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:18 PM

indyduffer:

Can I use a game controller to play?  If so what kind would be best?  I brought a generic one from Radio Shack and it did not work.  

Download Xpadder, and you can program your controller with it.

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:35 PM

MainzMan:

I can't really see any advantage to a controller over a mouse.  The controls here are very basic, there really isn't any need for a more complicated input device.

I used to hit the right button a lot when I clicked using my mouse, because my middle finger wanted to click, too.  An old reflex from playing a lot of golf on Playstation using a Namco controller.  And I hated having the context menu come up and block my view of the shot.

I also feel I click more accurately with a bigger button that I can get a couple of fingers on.

And it's nice to be able to separate out clicking and movement.  With Xpadder, I can program click and hold, so I can aim and set the power with the joystick and/or buttons I've programmed for directional movement, then I can click without accidentally changing anything with minor mouse movements.

And I can still use the mouse, or more accurately, my pen and pad, since I don't need the mouse to play WGT anymore, when it's more convenient.  And, as a bonus for me, it's easier to draw a putting line with my pen than it was with the mouse.

RSS