Forums

Help › Forums

Iron Trajectory

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:00 AM (7 replies)
  • GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:24 AM

I've just started playing again after a long break and i think i've just realised why i quit.

Since i've resumed playing again i immediately realised that the iron shots are all wrong, irons are "pitching shots" but in the few games i've played so far that has not been the case at all, all my iron shots play like driver and wood shots, they all land short and chase on, rather than pitching and stopping based on what kind of spin used.

Am i doing something monumentally stupid or is in fact this just a terrible oversight and or well known game issue?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:03 AM

You a level 31,master with Raptures & 69 Ave...Sure you be ok..!! Andy.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:05 AM

If you dump that hybrid and get 3 evenly spaced wedges they'll stop on a sixpence. (Dime)

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:13 AM

Change your wedges to the pings...a 60 & 85 yard. They will offer alot more control, they are also pretty cheap. Well worth it.

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:26 AM

My short game with the irons and wedges is pretty much ok, i'm talking about my 2nd shot onto the green on par 4's for example, anything plus 125 yards is the problem.

Also noticed that there are a lot of par 4's that i cannot reach with 2 shots despite being a supposed "Master", yet there are no "longer" clubs available for my level?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 5:19 AM

You started two years ago and stopped after a few days as a Pro. In October 2010 WGT modified the ranking and made you a Master. That is, you've not played much and are in a lower level than usual Masters. This is qhy better clubs aren't available for you now. The average level of Masters might be 50/60. They frequently come to the Forum asking "should I wait for the level 59 G20s?"

OTOH, if your Raptures are equivalent to the level 42 Raptures they are good clubs and not too bad for the Master tier. You will have to add some length to your shots to elevated greens, though.

Your opportunities to advance in level?

- be patient,

- buy level-up bars in the pro shop,

- play a lot strokeplay and every day for the CDP bonus.

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 5:48 AM

Here is simple solution you may not like but is fact... you play the  2010 Ping Rapture graphite irons.... they are a med/high trajectory which means the ball is coming into the green more line drive then lofted.... which means more roll.... When I went to legend I didnt even realize I had med/high trajectory irons and was really frustrated for months... then I noticed it one day and went to a high trajectory set and had much better results with ball stopping on approach shots.... now the bad news... the first good set of high trajectory irons you can unlock is at lvl 59.   

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:00 AM

Take a look at chrisironsbones' profile. He has an outstanding chart for irons that will help you understand trajectory. His charts are for High trajectory clubs so with your Med/High irons you would have to envision flatter arcs and longer rollouts after landing.

RSS