Forums

Help › Forums

JUST WONDERING

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:30 AM (7 replies)
  • JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:27 AM

This week I played on St Andrews with a Legend, it started out with four players but after four holes it was just him and me.  He finished with 7 birdies – ok I hear you say that is why he is a Legend.  My question is I noticed that every time he was on the green no matter how close to the hole there was a long pause and his clubs continued to change from an iron to a putter, then settling for a putter.  Now I’m no expert but for me that is some kind of programming.  I have no interest if people want to cheat or use whatever system that can help them win.  I just play to relax (in fact if WGT left me a Hack) - I have no ambitions for greatness or interest in my avg score, it’s just a game for me and no one dies.  I was just wondering if people know what system he was using.  When I asked, there was no reply.

I would also like to note that  I have played twice with another  Legend (and never again) who has no problem quitting when he is losing, he  will wait for just before playing the final hole. Are stats all that important in a Fantasy Game , or are some peoples lives so empty?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:35 AM

Other person could have been stuck in 2 minds, whether to putt, or chip the shot from on the green. Many players use this shot when on the greens, so it could be that you where seeing.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:37 AM

My question is I noticed that every time he was on the green no matter how close to the hole there was a long pause and his clubs continued to change from an iron to a putter, then settling for a putter.  Now I’m no expert but for me that is some kind of programming.  I have no interest if people want to cheat or use whatever system that can help them win.  I just play to relax (in fact if WGT left me a Hack) - I have no ambitions for greatness or interest in my avg score, it’s just a game for me and no one dies.  I was just wondering if people know what system he was using. 

that is how some ppl line up their putts, using chip view - its not a friggin cheat.

I would also like to note that  I have played twice with another  Legend (and never again) who has no problem quitting when he is losing, he  will wait for just before playing the final hole. Are stats all that important in a Fantasy Game , or are some peoples lives so empty?

some ppls lives ARE actually that empty.

• JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:49 AM

I'm not worried if  its a cheat or not - its just a question - people who cheat in this game if it is live of fantasy cheat on themselves in my book.  But from 2 feet is it necessary?

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:57 AM

not sure if u need a chip view from 2ft at sta but other places like whistler or olympic or oak u might. i have missed my fair share of 2 footers when not checked properly.

• JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:01 AM

Thank you for the reply it could be that simple.  I'm not on a witchhunt I'm just wondering.

By the way as a fellow Irishman I like your profile page...although I'm a MANCHESTER UNITED supporter lol

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:10 AM

Some players like to check from a different club's view before putting. Just like some change to a putter in a bunker to check the contours of the green. Nothing unusual there.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:30 AM

LOL, cheers JV. We all have our own problems, lol.

RSS