Forums

Help › Forums

First invisible branches, now invisible birds?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 23 2012 10:39 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 5:02 AM

Just had this beauty in the Kia RG, I was in 15/20 hard sand so thought I'd lay up on the par 5, 2nd. I played my shot, which flew fine for the first second and then hit an invisible bird or something, cause it just started dropping for some reason.

Anyone else had this, or know what it is?

RIP Tweety

• ANDREAP
    1,642 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 5:37 AM

WOW  that s really sux game ..never seen b4  ...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 5:45 AM

@pb1711

I sure hope you right clicked, and submitted a bug report.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:06 AM

What iron did you hit? My first thought was it hit the top of the bunker wall even though you can't see it make contact. If it did hit the top on the way out that shot would make sense.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:10 AM

YankeeJim:
    What iron did you hit?

I hit my 4iron with almost full bs. I've had that shot a few times and never seen that before.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:25 AM

hmmm ..strange looking 4 sure...

just wundering if u mind me asking... i noticed u have the ATV 64 wedge... 

i have had the Z64... for a long time and think i have gone to the pro shop everyday since the ATV came out ... but just will not pull the trigger and buy it... 

gimmie a lil push...is it that much better??  .. does the slower meter help stick more darts ??  did u have to adjust your flops very much ?  

i just play for funn... so i'm sure i dont NEED IT ... just want a new toy i guess...lol  

peace.. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:46 AM

2DAMFLASHY:

hmmm ..strange looking 4 sure...

just wundering if u mind me asking... i noticed u have the ATV 64 wedge... 

i have had the Z64... for a long time and think i have gone to the pro shop everyday since the ATV came out ... but just will not pull the trigger and buy it... 

gimmie a lil push...is it that much better??  .. does the slower meter help stick more darts ??  did u have to adjust your flops very much ?  

i just play for funn... so i'm sure i dont NEED IT ... just want a new toy i guess...lol  

peace.. 

I used them and went back to the clevelands, short game with cleve's are much better and the accuracy too!

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:00 AM

2DAMFLASHY:

I had the Z64 too, thought I'd never get rid of it, as I knew all the shots very well and didn't feel like learning a new club all over again. That's why I never got the 60yrd CG.

The ATV is better I think. The slower meter is not really an issue, but it has a LOT more spin. So with full shots you'll only ever need a touch of bs, if at all. I like pitching with full bs, cause the distance is 14yrds and with the spin, it will almost stop dead at 14 yrds. The flops are almost the same, (except you get 16yrds with the ATV)

In my opinion, I think it's worth the switch, if you've been using the satins already. 

Hope this helps.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:06 AM

pb1711:

Just had this beauty in the Kia RG, I was in 15/20 hard sand so thought I'd lay up on the par 5, 2nd. I played my shot, which flew fine for the first second and then hit an invisible bird or something, cause it just started dropping for some reason.

Anyone else had this, or know what it is?

RIP Tweety

I know what it is...You suck..But fine...blame the cloaked bird...:-))

BTW: replay doesn't work at my side for some reason

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:50 AM

Looks like you got an unexpected arc rather than any obstruction in the air. Basically a pop-up, which happens in some trouble spots such as the rough flashing around the bunkers at Oakmont. Although with a 4-iron from sand I wouldn't be surprised if you failed to clear the sand, or got hung up in the rough. In any event, it was pretty successful as a layup.

• PAGES
RSS