Forums

Help › Forums

Graphics problem

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:59 PM (4 replies)
  • ESTBlizzard
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 10:26 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with two graphics card one is Intel HD 3000 (totally pointless card) and other is nVidia GeForce GT525M. I can play games like Dirt 3 almost full settings perfectly but I can't play WGT. I made all kind of changes that my Dell should use only nVidia card but still the WGT lag's so bad, that its impossible to aim. Can anyone help please?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:46 AM

hi

it's not a video card issue. it's likely something else, however just having a lag is a bit obscure... i would try clearing flash/browser cookies/temp files first. if that doesn't work, i would try another browser and see if that helps.

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 5:15 PM

What WGTicon said is correct.

Use Google Chrome or Comodo Dragon for WGT.

Clear the browser, history, cache, cookies regularly.

Do you have adequate System Ram, 2GB is not enough.

Check your Start Up, remove unnecessary programs that start each time windows boots.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:13 PM

SHRUDE:
    2GB is not enough.

Then I shouldnt have a smooth meter ? Why wouldnt 2 GB not be enough?

I hear alot of people having problems but I am not sure that 2GB's is not enough. It's what I have on my lil ole Emachine running a 32 bit OS with 2 GB's and I find gameplay more then adequate. Im only asking because I would hate to see people running out to get more ram when it is not necessary , and if they are on a 32 bit OS would be useless.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:59 PM

I'm assuming you are running Win7 which requires a min 2Gb to run.

At least your video card is dedicated so that is helping.

Try popping a 2 - 4gb thumb drive in and enabling it for ReadyBoost to increase your Ram.

WGT is Flash based, in this instance Flash is extremely demanding on your memory.

Try using CCleaner to do a system scan and clear out some baggage yu are carrying around.

Also use the option with the TOOLS area, to check all the baggage that is starting up with windows.

Do everything else before thinking about RAM, browser, startup, cache/ cookies etc.

RSS