Help › Forums

Levels v Tiers

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:09 PM (5 replies)
  • BWFCChubbs
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been done before, but please bear with me.

I think WGT made a big mistake when they restructured the tiers and levels with reference to the equipment in the Pro Shop. I am currently at level 51 and a Master. I actually got to Master tier at level 35, and a few people that I have played at Skins have told me it was a mistake to get to Master so quickly.

I now know what they meant. I cannot buy a driver that goes over 250 yards until level 58 (the G20). I am equally penalised with irons, wedges, woods and putter. 

But what really gets me is Pros and Tour Pros at levels 80+ (even 90+) that get tee advantage as well. Surely the point of this game is to get your average down.

If the equipment became available at a combination of tier AND level, it would entice people to get their tier raised rather than just play lots of non-ranked stroke play and then sit their all day waiting for me to lose my credits in Skins.

I love this game, and accept it is beta and there are a few bugs. I don't mind losing credits to good players and good shots, but not to having a combined 100 yard disadvantage off the tee due to level and equipment.

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:09 PM

You need "candy bars" and "power drinks" ASAP! 

(and need a better putter)

bblackh1

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 12:05 AM

Many players, only look at the tiers, and not the levels. They think that being able to brag about  their tier is something special . But when you find yourself unable to compete with lower tiered players, it`s not fun anymore . You have Legends crying about the same thing.You chose to advance at a fast pace, and you didn`t pay attention to your levels. And now that players who have better clubs than you are cleaning your clock, you want to complain. Whatever they did, to upgrade their clubs, you can do as well. This is the price that you pay. It`s no ones fault but your own. So now you have two choices, pay up or play up. Either you buy the level up drinks and bars, or you play up through the levels and earn your way the way that many of us do. So there you go , 2 choices and only 2 choices. Pick one, and play. Sorry that pity party is not on the list, but I think you understand why. And by the way,if you were winning in your skins matches, and taking some one else`s credits, would you still have the same complaint? Happy Swinging

• BWFCChubbs
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 8:16 AM

bblack - ty, but my putting is what keeps me able to shoot in the low 60's.

lonnie - it's not about 'bragging'. I just play as well as I can, and because I play a lot of stroke play, my average is obviously going to come down. I was talking about WGT not rewarding good scores with the option of buying better clubs. They only reward how long you have played and how quickly you move levels.

i am happy to wait until I get to level 58 for my G20 driver. 

Here's another for you.

I saw a level 91 Pro with an average of 61.3 ????  Now how did he/she manage that!!!

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 1:53 AM

BWFCChubbs:

lonnie - it's not about 'bragging'. I just play as well as I can, and because I play a lot of stroke play, my average is obviously going to come down. I was talking about WGT not rewarding good scores with the option of buying better clubs. They only reward how long you have played and how quickly you move levels.

Here's another for you.

I saw a level 91 Pro with an average of 61.3 ????  Now how did he/she manage that!!!

it is possible that this Pro doesn't play many ranked rounds, so he might not have enough ranked rounds to advance to the upper tiers .. so he's likely playing only Alt shot, Blitz & Skins games to relieve honest players of their credits ..

known as "sandbagger" .. AKA scumbag, coward, kettlefish, thief, low-life, fkstick, fr-skin, etc .. u get my point .. avoid these sub-human excrement at all cost ..

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:09 PM

BWFCChubbs:

Here's another for you.

It`s called level up drinks and bars. This is where pay up comes into the game. You can buy your way up the levels just as they did.Good scores, elevates you up the tiers. Completing levels, gets you better clubs and equipment.Stop playing players outside of your tier, and those that you don`t know. Play stroke play practice rounds, and work on your levels for a while.T he scores in practice wont count against your average and you will get XP points for play.So again, pay up or play up, the only choices that you have. By the way, I`m lvl 90 Master , and I played it all the way. Once you get to lvl 83, the war chest will be all yours basically. Happy Swinging

RSS