Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament greens

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 1 2012 4:22 AM (8 replies)
  • puskas70
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:06 AM

Could anyone out there please give me help on putting on Tour greens coming from very fast to these greens im lost would like to play a lot more on these greens but at a huge loss at what the speeds are im backing out of games not from fear but lack of knowledge putting is where u score and im not in any way, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Puskas

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 3:17 PM

puskas70:
    Could anyone out there please give me help on putting
    Check out the many threads on subject (very helpful)..that & practice..you'll never learn them if you don't play on them..Andy

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 4:38 PM

Consider V.Fast greens as hitting 20% less than the distance indicated.

Tournament greens are approx 25% less, if you have a Legend in the game, then the greens become Legend Tournament and use 30% less than distance.

Distance = after calculating, wind and elevation

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 5:05 PM

from +8/10fts subtract 3fts of power meter than you use on very fast greens, and add a little more break, practice doing that and you will finish fine tuning your formula according the way you putt.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 5:23 PM

I use distance divided by 4.5. Add one foot for every 3 up. Subtract one foot for every 3 feet down. As you get further from the hole on down hill putts you just have to get a feel for how much extra to subtract. There are also tourney greens and legend greens. For the faster greens I use distance divided by 4.3. There are many ways to get it done but math is the only thing that works for me. Also get one of those SGTBilko putter helps. It can be found in the forums. Enjoy.

• buey1950
    152 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:47 PM

puskas70:
    Could anyone out there please give me help on putting on Tour greens coming from very fast to these greens im lost
    Just started,, but the thread i read...+ or - elevation from distance..divide by 1.3 for tournament greens.

• puskas70
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:12 AM

TNks guys for the help much appreciated.

P

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:55 PM

Also you will have to subtract the amount you divide by 4.5 to get your number. this will usually get you  between 1.8 and 2.3 feet past the hole. Remember to always be above and beyond the hole with your putts. Short putts never go in.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 4:22 AM

A few players have made charts for Tourney speed greens,This would help the OP ,

RSS