Forums

Help › Forums

help with last update, worst game performance ever.

Sun, Aug 19 2012 4:21 PM (86 replies)
  • GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:37 PM

WGTicon:
    it seems that chrome flash update got released early this morning, which is responsible for the meter issues.

I've gotta disagree. I use Chrome and have had issues with the meter from time to time in the past, never really has been 'great' by any means, but better than with other browsers I've tried. As of this morning, my meter is far and away the smoothest and 'steadiest' it has ever been. Consistent speed the whole way through on every shot. Hope I'm not jinxing myself...

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:40 PM

wgtIcon, You have seen all the other posts in the forums about this same issue so it can't just be an isolated thing with Chrome. I personally have tried 4 different browsers, clearing the caches in all of them before loading the game, and the issue is in all 4 of them. The meter is unplayable and no matter what we try it doesn't fix it.

The whole loading has slowed right down as well and things are missing from profile pages. Its not just one issue here there are several.

Mel

• dougsda
    153 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:43 PM

I can't use my cleveland wedges    in the nkf classic on whistler there in my bag and show's them but can't get them to come up   what's up with that.

• pforest
    5 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:49 PM

Chrome is still acting up....   When Firefox went bad I was told to switch over to Chrome and try that browser.   Switched over to Chrome and things have been good for a couple of weeks.   Yesterday however,  the meter was going past the ding about a quarter of an inch regardless of where you clicked the mouse ( lost 5 balls because of it while trying to play Andrews with "devonnnnn" from Canada........   Not good!   So, went back to Firefox and Flash is still crashing on me.....    So, reload Chrome and Flash- Now, I can not even play.  I can sign in and jump around the site but, when I hit "Play Now" game takes about 1-2 minutes to load.  Can't see it but here it running (music)  in the background and can't get to the game screen...   Frustrating to say the least.  I have read the Forums and tried different things but it all has come down to not being able to play....  Someone really needs to fix these issues.  

• chrodon420
    13 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 2:13 PM

so you say the chrome update did all this?    even changing all my settings and putting my putting pal on?     REALLY?    is that really as dumb as it sounds?

• olax
    61 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 2:47 PM

It was fine this morning...afternoon must have updated something, option settings were all changed ....(that has happened b4, no big deal) but the stuttering meter and flickering ball flight...even when the other players are swinging has not ....meter in this condition makes the game unplayable....who is the culprit here ? But more to the point....what is the fix ?  playing using the chrome browser same as always. 

• gideonbeveridge
    482 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 2:50 PM

Hi wgticon,

I have a major problem also since the changes tried to play and the meter is jumping and even when you "attempt" to hit the ding the "accuracy" runs way over about an inch ending in the strike being out of bounds (or anywhere) runs to the right of ding - just can't play like this - tried every browser etc - still the same. This has only started since the changes you have made - would appreciate it if you can sort it asap - it has already lost me a Legend Cally (which I would appreciate back please) and a possibility of qualifying for CC tournie from the 1st tee!

Thanks

• gideonbeveridge
    482 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:20 PM

I have major pressure to play CC tournies before the weekend ends (The Elite Country Club) - can you please sort this out - meter just unplayable!

Thanks

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:32 PM

Hi folks,

To start, in case it isn't known by anyone reading this, Adobe Flash released an update around the same time we released a new game version (bad timing!)

There have been problems with the Flash plug-in all over the board, every browser.

See here Adobe's recent (3:13pm PST 8/2/12) update, apologizing for the poor performance of this latest update: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1024504

There is a section on that link to tell Adobe how you are effected by this update. I suggest everyone do this, as it may help them reach a solution faster.

We are working hard toward figuring out any solutions we can implement on our end, so thank you for being patient. As always, feel free to email our support team for individual help.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• senec
    252 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:35 PM

I agree with everyone,studdering meter all day,impossible to play.Just when I was in a little hot streak.DESAPOINTED!!!!!!!

RSS